Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Can't open link" error on iOS when opening from Spotify widget

Hey,

We're receiving reports that users are getting the error message "Can't open link' when opening the app from the widget.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
SinghSardarJi

Same here. Is everyone here on iOS 17? Looks like an iOS 17 issue with Spotify app. 

MihailY
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey,

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

I would vote to say I’m having the same issue but it won’t let me. 

Un_XD

New update fixed the problem for me

Movingshadow_uk

I have exactly the same issue. It’s very annoying. Have tried reinstalling the app yet the pop up continues to appear every time I open the app. I’m not clicking a link! Simply taping the app icon as usual.

IMG_8985.jpeg

ladyboss247

Hi. I'm getting a 200 error code on all Apple TV devices. I restarted, force quit, still the error code prevails.

SamiG

Hello, I’ve been having this issues for a few days now but just recently I noticed I can no longer listen to music. At first I would simply get the error and ignore it, but now can no longer use the app at all. 

jare3

iphone 12 pro, same issue

Yordan
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!