"Find Friends" not loading

I tried to follow my facbook friends but when i click on "Find friends" the tab keeps loading.

I uninstalled and installed it several times and didn't work.

How do i solve this?

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Capture.PNG

Hey there folks,

Thanks for all your patience so far.

This should be now fixed!

If you're having troubles, make sure to try a quick reinstall of the app on your devices first by following the steps here. If the issue persists after that, we'd like to know. In that case, we'd recommend heading over to our Help Boards and starting a new thread in the relative board. Thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hey there @ancamaria,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Seems like you're having a small connectivity issue between the two accounts.

Please use this help guide to make sure FB & Spotify are linked properly and that they have all permissions checked for sharing details.

Let me know if you need further help =)

ancamaria
Casual Listener

Hello! Thanks for replying. I have checked if Spotify had permission to everything and it has. I really dont know what to do. I also tried disconecting and conecting to facebook from settings but it still doesn't work... 

Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hey there @ancamaria,

Thanks for the quick update.

Another thing i would like you to try is to use a different WiFi connection to see if the problem presists.

In addition, use different device to check if the problem presists.

This way we could have better understanding of this issue.

Waiting on you update=)

ancamaria
Casual Listener

Curently my pc is not using wifi. The internet cable is in the computer and i dont have another devices to try if it works. Only my phone. :(

ancamaria
Casual Listener

I also have a problem with songs. They do not play. Are they not available in my country (Romania)? But for example, a Cardi B's song that is so popular is not playable. Why?

Captueeere.PNG
Rock Star 8
Rock Star 8

Hey there @ancamaria,

As far as missing content or greyed out songs, please check this article which explains Spotify approach and options in this matter.

Regarding your Spotify account, i'd suggest clicking on "Sign Out Everywhere" one more time on your account page and log back in again to see if it helps, before we try new steps.

Let me know how you did =)

ancamaria
Casual Listener

Hi, 

I did what you told me but no result :(

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey all,

We've received reports from users that when searching for Facebook friends on Spotify, no friends are being found. If you are experiencing this, try these steps:

1. Make sure your Facebook settings allow the necessary permissions to Spotify
  2. Processing Facebook data should not be disabled under Privacy Settings
  3. (For Spotify-created accounts only) Reconnect the account to Facebook
  4. Restart device, try another network, try another device

If this does not help, please hit +VOTE and leave a comment with the following:

• Spotify or Facebook created account
  • What device(s) you have tried on
  • Which Operating System
  • Spotify version

We'll keep you all up-to-date here.

ancamaria
Casual Listener

Hello,

I have tried everything before i even posted on here. I have a Spotify created account that i later conected with my facebook profile. I dont have other devices to try if it works and i have widnows 10. I had this issue since i made an account. I thought that i couldnt "find firends" because my account was not premium but the problem is still here even with a premium subscription. 

theadriann

Same thing is happening to my account (also premium) when trying to "Find Friends" from either Spotify Mac App or Spotify iPhone App.

Unsuccessful solutions:

- Removed Spotify app from my facebook apps and re-allowed it to read my data

- Make sure Spotify app on my facebook apps has the permission to read friends list

- Make sure "Facebook Data" under Spotify -> Privacy settings is Enabled

- Removed Facebook account from Spotify account, logged out & logged-in with Spotify username & password on the app and re-linked my Facebook account to my Spotify account

• Spotify-created Account
  • iPhone, Macbook & PC Desktop 
  • OSs: OSX / Windows 10 / iOS 12 / Android 9