Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"My Shazam Tracks" playlist doesn't sync/add all shazamed tracks

Plan; Premium

It's the same on all my devices - whether Apple or Android 

My Question or Issue

I've been using the automatic sync function where songs I have shazamed show up automatically in the 'My Shazams Playlist'. They stopped syncing so I followed the advice on this community of disconnecting the two, deleting the playlist on Spotify, then reconnecting. I've done this 3 times now.  However the playlist on Spotify only shows 94 songs whereas I've Shazamed 147 songs. And the songs that don't show up seem random - it's not that the first ones don't show or that certain albums don't show. For example I shazamed 3 songs recently from the same album on the same day and only one shows in Spotify. Any ideas? 

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

• iOS

This should now be fixed for all iOS users with the release of Shazam v 14.2. Just make sure your Spotify and Shazam apps are updated to the latest version.

Note that past Shazams will no longer sync to Spotify as part of the ‘Sync Shazams to Spotify’ feature. We have however improved the syncing to find and add more of your new Shazams to the ‘My Shazam Tracks’ playlist.

You can find out more on how to use Shazam in conjunction with Spotify on iOS in this Spotify Answer.

• Android

The relevant team is still looking into possible solutions for AndroidWe're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile, you can manually add tracks you Shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist.

Thanks again!

Comments
imbafisk4tw

I don't really think they want to solve this issue. Like someone previously mentioned Shazam (Apple) doesn't care about Spotify. They want us to have a bad user experience so we might switch to apple music which I wouldn't even if my life depended on it...

Jonyth

Hello,

The sync shazams to Spotify doesn't work anymore. Each time I shazam a new track, it's  not automatically added into My Shazam Tracks Playlist in Spotify just like it used to do in the past. I have already disconnected and reconnected with Spotify, didn't solve the issue. I use an iPhone 11 Pro with ios 14.2.
rohapa
  • Do you Shazam tracks from multiple devices?
    No, just from my phone
  • Do tracks sync properly to Spotify when using a different device?
    No 
  • Details of the affected device(s): the model/make and operating system version
    MAC PRO, Laptop, and iOS. I think it's a server issue rather than the app. Because why would it affect all devices?
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you're on on the affected device(s) - you can find this out by following the steps here.
    MAC 1.1.47.684.g136419d9
    IOS 8.5.86
    I think it's a server issue rather than the app. Because why would it affect all devices.
  • The exact version of the Shazam app
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried
    All the steps from disconnecting Shazam to deleting the app cache
  • Any other relevant details that could be useful 
    I think it's a server issue rather than the app. Because why would it affect all devices, even the webapp. You need to stop thinking it's an app issue but rather a broken link between the Shazam servers and Spotify integration @Katerina 
pistermibb

I am also looking for a solution here.  I've tried disconnecting the integration and reconnecting it after deleting my Shazam playlist on Spotify, as well as deleting the Spotify app.

Please help!  Not all of my synced songs are in the playlist (22/49) and all of them have Spotify links...

grubyak

@Ivan Don't be ridiculous by asking people to reinstall the apps. Fix the problem - you are paid by every person having spotify subscription. Adding shazamed songs was truly buggy since ever. Personally, I tried several devices, several times reinstalled it "clean" as you recommend. Over and over same thing. Tendency is that 30% songs never get added to spotify playlist (songs itself are available in spotify when using search). Fix it or remove the unreliable feature.

imbafisk4tw

Nowadays things only get fixed if some big social media account is **bleep** off enough to cause some drama about it. Maybe we need to push this more public!

Anyone now someone famous who's **bleep** of as we are about this issue? 😄

SelCel

Hey there,

The first solution did not work for me. I got nearly 40% of my shazamed tracks linked to my account and it does not renew itself. Regarding your queries, kindly find below information for a probable solution on your side,

• Do you Shazam tracks from multiple devices? 
    • No
  • Do tracks sync properly to Spotify when using a different device? 
    • No
  • Details of the affected device(s): the model/make and operating system version
    • iPhone 11 / iOS 14.2
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you're on on the affected device(s) - you can find this out by following the steps here.
    • Version 8.5.86.739
  • The exact version of the Shazam app
    • Version 14.1.0
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried
    • First solution, as well as disconnect and reconnect everything between two applications
  • Any other relevant details that could be useful
    • After I disconnect/reconnect, only a portion (73 out of 178) of my shazamed tracks are accessible under my Spotify irrelevant to their shazamed dates and without any patterns

Hoping get a prompt solution for this! 

dahazem

Do you Shazam tracks from multiple devices?

NO

Do tracks sync properly to Spotify when using a different device? 

YUP. I tried my android device 

Details of the affected device(s): the model/make and operating system version

iPhone 12/14.2.1

The exact version of the Spotify app you're on on the affected device(s) 

The exact version of the Shazam app

Troubleshooting steps you've tried

All the steps from disconnecting Shazam to deleting the app 

dahazem

Hi.

The new update from shazam didn't sync my old songs, but every new song is syncing now

Jonyth

Same here...