Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"My Shazam Tracks" playlist doesn't sync/add all shazamed tracks

Plan; Premium

It's the same on all my devices - whether Apple or Android 

My Question or Issue

I've been using the automatic sync function where songs I have shazamed show up automatically in the 'My Shazams Playlist'. They stopped syncing so I followed the advice on this community of disconnecting the two, deleting the playlist on Spotify, then reconnecting. I've done this 3 times now.  However the playlist on Spotify only shows 94 songs whereas I've Shazamed 147 songs. And the songs that don't show up seem random - it's not that the first ones don't show or that certain albums don't show. For example I shazamed 3 songs recently from the same album on the same day and only one shows in Spotify. Any ideas? 

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

• iOS

This should now be fixed for all iOS users with the release of Shazam v 14.2. Just make sure your Spotify and Shazam apps are updated to the latest version.

Note that past Shazams will no longer sync to Spotify as part of the ‘Sync Shazams to Spotify’ feature. We have however improved the syncing to find and add more of your new Shazams to the ‘My Shazam Tracks’ playlist.

You can find out more on how to use Shazam in conjunction with Spotify on iOS in this Spotify Answer.

• Android

The relevant team is still looking into possible solutions for AndroidWe're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile, you can manually add tracks you Shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist.

Thanks again!

Comments
Mihail
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

This should now be fixed for all iOS users with the release of Shazam v 14.2. Just make sure your Spotify and Shazam apps are updated to the latest version.

The relevant team is still looking into possible solutions for Android, we apologize for any confusion this might have caused.

If you're experiencing troubles with your Shazamed tracks properly syncing to your "My Shazam Tracks", make sure to first try the steps in the post marked as solution here after a thorough reinstallation of Spotify

If that doesn't do the trick, add your +VOTE and leave us a comment with the following details:

• Do you Shazam tracks from multiple devices?
  • Do tracks sync properly to Spotify when using a different device? 
  • Details of the affected device(s): the model/make and operating system version
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you're on on the affected device(s) - you can find this out by following the steps here.
  • The exact version of the Shazam app
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried
  • Any other relevant details that could be useful

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile, you can manually add tracks you Shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist.

We'll keep you posted here for any updates we have here so make sure you're subscribed to this thread.

Mihail

Hey Android users,

We especially need your information. Please provide the details requested in the status of this Ongoing Issue so we can forward those for investigation. The more cases and details we have the easier it will be for the relevant team to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks again!

madisoncarrara
  • Do you Shazam tracks from multiple devices? No
  • Do tracks sync properly to Spotify when using a different device? They worked perfectly on my Samsung last week, now not working on my new iPhone
  • Details of the affected device(s): the model/make and operating system version iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14.2.1
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you're on on the affected device(s) - you can find this out by following the steps here. 8.5.86
  • The exact version of the Shazam app 14.2
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried I've redownloaded both apps, disconnected the Shazam from Spotify and re-added. It will re-add songs, but will not continue to add new shazam songs at all!
  • Any other relevant details that could be useful This worked perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra for the last 10 months
imbafisk4tw

Hey spotify user! It **bleep**ing annoying if you ask for details just so just that your bot can delete them right after....

grubyak

@imbafisk4tw do not worry, same happened to me several times today, @Peter explained that their spam filter hid my comments, I am sure they will be still able to read what you said.

grubyak

2020-12-15: @Mihail Status changed to: Fixed

[5 minutes later]

2020-12-15: @grubyak: fix is not working

2020-12-15: @imbafisk4tw: fix is not working

2020-12-15: @madisoncarrara: fix is not working

2020-12-15: milion of others users who did not end up on this forum: fix is not working

fix appears to be as reliable as weather forecast for 2024... are your testers on a xmas break already? 🤔

adgr3303

Shazam 14.2.0

Spotify 8.5.86.739

ios 14.3

not syncing

Leaill

This is happening to me again. I deleted My Shazaam Tracks in Spotify, disconnected and reconnected. Less than half my 777 songs came over into the newly created playlist and none of my new Shazam’s are syncing. Any ideas?

grubyak

@Leaill spotify is buggy, they do very less to nothing to solve them, as people keep posting issue reports, but spotify team does not give feedbacks nor follow up with us to nail and fix the problem. What's important and counts for them is probably that you pay subscription. For example this specific bug with shazam integration exists at least few months. @Mihail managed to mark this issue as fixed and it took users no more than 15 minutes to find out that bug is not fixed 😂. Now the issue is again "under investigation" but how many more months will they need to fix it - nobody knows 🙄

Ver

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We can see that the vote counts have increased, but only 1 person shared with us the full information that is necessary in order for us to get to the bottom of this.  As this involves a third-party app, we need this info and will make sure to pass it on as we receive it, so that we can find a solution. 

In order to ensure the efficient information collection, please keep the posts relevant to this thread. We appreciate your cooperation.

If you find that your post is removed after you've edited it, this probably means that you've made frequent edits in a short amount of time and are thus now frequency capped. 

If that happens - you can use the "Report Inappropriate Content" function to send a report to us of your posts disappearing and we'll reinstate them. We would also recommend that you avoid making multiple edits or posts within a low time frame.

Keep us in the loop!  If you have questions, you know where to find us.