Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"My Shazam Tracks" playlist doesn't sync/add all shazamed tracks

Plan; Premium

It's the same on all my devices - whether Apple or Android 

My Question or Issue

I've been using the automatic sync function where songs I have shazamed show up automatically in the 'My Shazams Playlist'. They stopped syncing so I followed the advice on this community of disconnecting the two, deleting the playlist on Spotify, then reconnecting. I've done this 3 times now.  However the playlist on Spotify only shows 94 songs whereas I've Shazamed 147 songs. And the songs that don't show up seem random - it's not that the first ones don't show or that certain albums don't show. For example I shazamed 3 songs recently from the same album on the same day and only one shows in Spotify. Any ideas? 

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

• iOS

This should now be fixed for all iOS users with the release of Shazam v 14.2. Just make sure your Spotify and Shazam apps are updated to the latest version.

Note that past Shazams will no longer sync to Spotify as part of the ‘Sync Shazams to Spotify’ feature. We have however improved the syncing to find and add more of your new Shazams to the ‘My Shazam Tracks’ playlist.

You can find out more on how to use Shazam in conjunction with Spotify on iOS in this Spotify Answer.

• Android

The relevant team is still looking into possible solutions for AndroidWe're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile, you can manually add tracks you Shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist.

Thanks again!

Comments
djmarfmarf

@Luckhermsen I don't think the problem lies with Spotify, but with Apple and Shazam. I use SoundHound and it has no problem adding tracks to Spotify. 

Johafor

@djmarfmarf does SoundHound work as good as shazam in your opinion? Is it better to swap app than to wait for a solution with shazam?

djmarfmarf

@Johafor I feel Shazam works a little faster on my Android phone, and I like the search on app launch - SoundHound has this option on iOS but not Android, though I just discovered SoundHound on Android has a widget, which I will test out.

Google also has a music recognition widget, but no connection to Spotify.

djmarfmarf

@Johafor I can definitely recommend SoundHound. I've been using it for years. It's free, available on both iOS and Android, not owned by Apple, quite fast at recognizing music, and the 'add to Spotify playlist' feature works. 

On iOS, SoundHound has a 'search on app launch' feature, on Android I just tested their widget that offers the same feature. This is the feature that made me try Shazam on my Pixel 3a phone, but since I found the widget, I don't need Shazam.

grubyak

Spotify do not even pretend to be fixing this, they simply do not care if it works or not. I even feel pity for them, being unable to make a trivial integration with Shazam or getting it reliable during so many years is already humiliation for them. 😂

djmarfmarf

@grubyak I don't think the problem is with Spotify - Sound Hound can add to a Spotify playlist without trouble, Shazam used to be able to, but no longer can. I think the problem is with Shazam and its owner, Apple - Apple cannot be very interested in making one of their apps work with a competitor streaming service.

Johafor

@grubyak it worked fine for me until Apple bought Shazam some year ago. I agree with djmarfmarf, the problem is probably with Shazam not working properly with Android, and not with Spotify. Also going to try out SoundHound from now on.

Mihail
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

This should now be fixed for all iOS users with the release of Shazam v 14.2. Just make sure your Spotify and Shazam apps are updated to the latest version.

Note that past Shazams will no longer sync to Spotify as part of the ‘Sync Shazams to Spotify’ feature. We have however improved the syncing to find and add more of your new Shazams to the ‘My Shazam Tracks’ playlist.

The relevant team is still looking into possible solutions for Android, we apologize for any confusion this might have caused.

If you're experiencing troubles with your Shazamed tracks properly syncing to your "My Shazam Tracks", make sure to first try the steps in the post marked as solution here after a thorough reinstallation of Spotify

If that doesn't do the trick, add your +VOTE and leave us a comment with the following details:

• Do you Shazam tracks from multiple devices?
  • Do tracks sync properly to Spotify when using a different device? 
  • Details of the affected device(s): the model/make and operating system version
  • The exact version of the Spotify app you're on on the affected device(s) - you can find this out by following the steps here.
  • The exact version of the Shazam app
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried
  • Any other relevant details that could be useful

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile, you can manually add tracks you Shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist.

We'll keep you posted here for any updates we have here so make sure you're subscribed to this thread.

djmarfmarf

@Mihail l'm sorry, but could this be a case of 'too little too late'? It hasn't been fixed for Android users. You still point us to so-called solutions that several people here have already stated do not work. At least it seems Spotify has taken ownership of the problem. Let's hope we Android users do not have to wait another year for the problem to be resolved. Thanks.

djmarfmarf

@Johafor Last night I tried three different methods to search for a tune playing at the end of a TV show: SoundHound, Google sound widget, and Shazam - only Shazam found the song from 1927. It seems to work faster and better at finding music, too bad it doesn't work with Spotify.