Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"My Shazam Tracks" playlist doesn't sync/add all shazamed tracks

Plan; Premium

It's the same on all my devices - whether Apple or Android 

My Question or Issue

I've been using the automatic sync function where songs I have shazamed show up automatically in the 'My Shazams Playlist'. They stopped syncing so I followed the advice on this community of disconnecting the two, deleting the playlist on Spotify, then reconnecting. I've done this 3 times now.  However the playlist on Spotify only shows 94 songs whereas I've Shazamed 147 songs. And the songs that don't show up seem random - it's not that the first ones don't show or that certain albums don't show. For example I shazamed 3 songs recently from the same album on the same day and only one shows in Spotify. Any ideas? 

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

• iOS

This should now be fixed for all iOS users with the release of Shazam v 14.2. Just make sure your Spotify and Shazam apps are updated to the latest version.

Note that past Shazams will no longer sync to Spotify as part of the ‘Sync Shazams to Spotify’ feature. We have however improved the syncing to find and add more of your new Shazams to the ‘My Shazam Tracks’ playlist.

You can find out more on how to use Shazam in conjunction with Spotify on iOS in this Spotify Answer.

• Android

The relevant team is still looking into possible solutions for AndroidWe're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile, you can manually add tracks you Shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist.

Thanks again!

Comments
Someone_random

@Mihail

lm running the latest spotify and shazam versions and did all of the steps suggested by you. didn't work

Someone_random

hi people with the same issue as me,

i just found a way u can sort of manually sync ur songs.

1. sync the accounts just as usual
  2. shazam some songs
  3. in the shazam app, go 2 the most left window. i'm using the app in German, it say's "Mediathek" on the top.
  4. press on the top most word, it say's Shazams
  5. then in the top of the window, on the right side, there are three lines with a checkmark on it. click on it
  6. select all the songs u want to sync
  7. then click on the spotify icon on the top of the screen and select the playlist u want the songs in
  8. enjoy

i sadly haven't found the select all button yet since i just 5 minutes before writing this, found the feature.

EDIT: it, sadly, does not sync all songs, at least on my phone. hopefully it works 4 u

have fun and stay save

r0ro

Same issue here on Android 10 (OnePlus 7T) with Spotify app v8.6.2.774 and Shazam app v11.15.0-210219-0926aaf

I always shazamed tracks from the same device. It was working perfectly until december 2020.

I tried this tips https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/My-Shazam-tracks-not-updating-anymore... but It doesn't fix the issue...

djmarfmarf

@Someone_random Nice try! Unfortunately for me, using this method, only 2 out of 29 Shazams were transferred to Spotify.

Mihail
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

• iOS

This should now be fixed for all iOS users with the release of Shazam v 14.2. Just make sure your Spotify and Shazam apps are updated to the latest version.

Note that past Shazams will no longer sync to Spotify as part of the ‘Sync Shazams to Spotify’ feature. We have however improved the syncing to find and add more of your new Shazams to the ‘My Shazam Tracks’ playlist.

You can find out more on how to use Shazam in conjunction with Spotify on iOS in this Spotify Answer.

• Android

The relevant team is still looking into possible solutions for AndroidWe're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile, you can manually add tracks you Shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist.

Thanks again!

djmarfmarf

@Mihail Thank you for correcting my impression that the problem was at Shazam’s end. Now that we know the issue is with Spotify, may I ask why it’s taken a year to (possibly) resolve on iOS, and not yet on Android?

Thank you for your efforts.

ceebee8312

So after being a loyal user of Shazam for years I've finally given up on it due to the issue above.  It's a shame really because I generally enjoyed using the app and if it wasn't for this issue and the continued inability to fix it I probably would have carried on using it.

As suggested by another user, I've now downloaded the SoundHound app which so far appears to be working perfectly; after linking to my Spotify account all new tracks that I check/sample with the Soundhound app are automatically added to a Spotify playlist.

Regarding all of the tracks I had previously Shazamed (around 240), I used the free online service from https://www.tunemymusic.com to transfer them from a CSV file to Spotify.  I think the process for doing this is mentioned in one of the previous posts, but basically you go to your Shazam account on a web browser, under "My Library", at the top of the tracklist there is an option to "Download CSV".  Just download the file, then go in and delete the top row which contains the text "Shazam Library" as this confuses the mapping for the transfer.  Then just simply go to tunemymusic, upload the CSV file, confirm which column contains the artist name and which contains the track name, and then select Spotify as the output.  This worked perfectly for me - once they appeared in a new spotify playlist I just moved them all across to the SoundHound playlist so that all of my previous shazams and my future soundhound tracks will be in one place.

Hope that helps.

attackmonkeygo

PLEASE CAN SPOTIFY FIX THIS ISSUE. 

Hmm_888

This issue has been ongoing for 5+ years. The United States has had two presidents since then.

Maybe this issue will be 'fixed' by the year 2045 since the mods here say these issues take a bit of time to fix? 😠

But no. Spotify will be rebranded and new tech will be the norm. They have given up and so have I. With this kind of service and support, there is no way I am going to pay any sums of money for their premium subscription.

spotmunity

Hey - this feature was NOT fixed on iOS! 

iOS 14.4, latest Shazam & Spotify as of 3/31/21.

Bummer! Love the feature when it worked a few months ago!