Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"My Shazam Tracks" playlist doesn't sync/add all shazamed tracks

Plan; Premium

It's the same on all my devices - whether Apple or Android 

My Question or Issue

I've been using the automatic sync function where songs I have shazamed show up automatically in the 'My Shazams Playlist'. They stopped syncing so I followed the advice on this community of disconnecting the two, deleting the playlist on Spotify, then reconnecting. I've done this 3 times now.  However the playlist on Spotify only shows 94 songs whereas I've Shazamed 147 songs. And the songs that don't show up seem random - it's not that the first ones don't show or that certain albums don't show. For example I shazamed 3 songs recently from the same album on the same day and only one shows in Spotify. Any ideas? 

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

• iOS

This should now be fixed for all iOS users with the release of Shazam v 14.2. Just make sure your Spotify and Shazam apps are updated to the latest version.

Note that past Shazams will no longer sync to Spotify as part of the ‘Sync Shazams to Spotify’ feature. We have however improved the syncing to find and add more of your new Shazams to the ‘My Shazam Tracks’ playlist.

You can find out more on how to use Shazam in conjunction with Spotify on iOS in this Spotify Answer.

• Android

The relevant team is still looking into possible solutions for AndroidWe're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile, you can manually add tracks you Shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist.

Thanks again!

Top Answer
Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey there folks, 

Just sharing an update with you all:

I've gone ahead and did some tweaks in the Status Update to make it more clear that this issue should be resolved for iOS users as this caused some confusion.

If you're currently in version 14.2 (and newer) of the Shazam app and you're experiencing something similar on an iOS device, we'd recommend posting in the relevant Help board so we can take a closer look into things.

We'd also suggest checking out this Spotify Answer that contains more info and troubleshooting you can try.

For Android users, rest assured that the teams are still working into improving things. Make sure to keep both Spotify and Shazam apps up to date in the meanwhile.

Lastly, keep in mind that if you're on Android, you can try deleting the "My Shazam Tracks" playlist to restart the sync. However, we don't recommend trying this step if you're having troubles with the iOS app as this won't work in the same way (you'll only see new shazamed tracks display).

If anything changes for Android users, we'll keep you in the loop here!

Hope this helps clear things up a bit more! If you have any questions about what different Ongoing Issue statuses mean, you can check this Spotify Answer.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Comments
djmarfmarf

@Ph2o, which OS are you on? I have had no success on Android 11.

MrTripleJ

I'm also sending you a screenshot of my attempts to revive my Spotify playlist from Shazam. As you can see, numbers actually go down with every try. I've got 254 tracks saved on Shazam. 

Additionally, I think that my full previous reply got caught by your spam filter, as it's supposed to be above this comment. 

SAVE_20210203_173420.jpg

HeavenScent

I have a Samsung s20 and this issue started for me in Jan 2021.  My Shazam's are no longer auto updating to Spofity like they have done for years. 

* I have updated my phone and updated both Spotify and Shazam to the latest versions.  None of this has worked.  

* I tried the whole delete play list / disconnect / reconnect, several times, to no avail. in fact it made my situation worse.  It only transferred 89 of my 400 songs... 3 x!!!!

* I then had to "restore deleted playlist to get the original back.  Only to find that that only contained 355 of my 400 songs anyway.
*And none that I have Shazam'd this year.

I note that people have been raising this issue for year and the moderators seem to just come on, repeat the same suggestions that never work and the problem remains unresolved.  Why is this??

djmarfmarf

Update

It appears, on Android at least, I can Shazam without being logged-in to my Shazam account, or I was logged-in to some other account. 

I logged in to my Shazam Google account, and now some, not all, Shazams are being added to my Spotify playlist.

Things are getting better.

ceebee8312

Hi same problem as above, it's ridiculous that this still seems to be an issue so many years down the line!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+. Every time I connect my Shazam to Spotify only 44 tracks out of approx 277 appear on the "My Shazam Tracks" playlist on spotify.

As of 7th Feb 2021 I have disconnected my Shazam/Spotify accounts.  Deleted both apps. Reinstalled both apps, restarted my phone.  I have also tried disconnecting my account and re-connecting 10 times.  None of the above works.  In all cases only 44 tracks are synched to the Spotify playlist and furthermore, whenever I shazam any  new tracks, none of these are added to the spotify playlist.

Surely there must be a better suggested fix than simply reconnecting the Spotify/shazam accounts or reinstalling the apps??

djmarfmarf

Is it possible that the issue is simply that Shazam (an Apple service) is **bleep** at matching tunes with Spotify and that Apple doesn't care?

imbafisk4tw

@djmarfmarf I highly doubt that. A while back everything worked fine for me - 2018ish

imbafisk4tw

Week 45 - Still no fix....

connor_t

I followed the "solution"  deleting the playlist & app & reinstalling (how can that even be suggested?)

and I went from ~80 tracks to 9 on my shazam playlist, when it should be ~140

why I am paying for this **bleep**?

imbafisk4tw

Week 46 - Still no fix...