Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"My Shazam Tracks" playlist doesn't sync/add all shazamed tracks

Plan; Premium

It's the same on all my devices - whether Apple or Android 

My Question or Issue

I've been using the automatic sync function where songs I have shazamed show up automatically in the 'My Shazams Playlist'. They stopped syncing so I followed the advice on this community of disconnecting the two, deleting the playlist on Spotify, then reconnecting. I've done this 3 times now.  However the playlist on Spotify only shows 94 songs whereas I've Shazamed 147 songs. And the songs that don't show up seem random - it's not that the first ones don't show or that certain albums don't show. For example I shazamed 3 songs recently from the same album on the same day and only one shows in Spotify. Any ideas? 

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

• iOS

This should now be fixed for all iOS users with the release of Shazam v 14.2. Just make sure your Spotify and Shazam apps are updated to the latest version.

Note that past Shazams will no longer sync to Spotify as part of the ‘Sync Shazams to Spotify’ feature. We have however improved the syncing to find and add more of your new Shazams to the ‘My Shazam Tracks’ playlist.

You can find out more on how to use Shazam in conjunction with Spotify on iOS in this Spotify Answer.

• Android

The relevant team is still looking into possible solutions for AndroidWe're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile, you can manually add tracks you Shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist.

Thanks again!

Top Answer
Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey there folks, 

Just sharing an update with you all:

I've gone ahead and did some tweaks in the Status Update to make it more clear that this issue should be resolved for iOS users as this caused some confusion.

If you're currently in version 14.2 (and newer) of the Shazam app and you're experiencing something similar on an iOS device, we'd recommend posting in the relevant Help board so we can take a closer look into things.

We'd also suggest checking out this Spotify Answer that contains more info and troubleshooting you can try.

For Android users, rest assured that the teams are still working into improving things. Make sure to keep both Spotify and Shazam apps up to date in the meanwhile.

Lastly, keep in mind that if you're on Android, you can try deleting the "My Shazam Tracks" playlist to restart the sync. However, we don't recommend trying this step if you're having troubles with the iOS app as this won't work in the same way (you'll only see new shazamed tracks display).

If anything changes for Android users, we'll keep you in the loop here!

Hope this helps clear things up a bit more! If you have any questions about what different Ongoing Issue statuses mean, you can check this Spotify Answer.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Comments
disc_count

Have the same issue. Hasn't synced anything since 2019 for me. over 2000 Shazams, only around 350 on the Spotify playlist, all from several years ago. Just tried to setup again and didn't work. Tried on Apple Music (which I recently started a free trial for) and it seems to work perfectly. In addition to the other issues I'm having with Spotify (shuffle, repeat coming on constantly, etc.) going to be checking out Apple Music to see how it works in comparison. What a mess.

putu33

Dear all,

i share my "half solution"
Open it https://www.shazam.com/myshazam
Open it https://soundiiz.com/tutorial/shazam-to-spotify
click "start now"
perform synchronization and login steps
click "Import Playlist"
chose "Frome file"
add last csv from shazam
click "confirm"
set the "title"
click "save configuration"
select "spotify"
done

You can copy the items in the new list to "My shazam track"

Otherwise, 39 of the 139 songs didn’t recognize me.
Remaining 39:
22: It was possible to add pieces manually
11: pieces no longer exist spotify on
Maybe this is causing the sync bug

rdlx

More than 2yrs and still not working...Maybe they don't mind to fix this basic and cool feature. 

C'mon guys...give us a real solution ASAP

DeBiskop

Still an issue.
This is ridiculous.

Why do developers abandoned bugs like this and lie to us with false promises... it's been years 

madmax777

**bleep** here... after reconnecting just adds new songs... and my old songs???? 😡

dstracco

This was legitimately one of my favorite features of Spofity. Finding new music via Shazaam. Wild that it broke over a year ago and was just never fixed on Spotify.

petrushka
Still works for me.
maxkool

If you're going to take years to fix this, just disable the feature in the meanwhile. We're all expecting sync to work, because it SAYS IT DOES, yet it just doesn't work. And manually adding tracks to the "My Shazam Tracks" is not a fix, it's an insult!

Pieman88

Hi...

I am having the same issue. Just reading the thread of the this problem from the last few years and it looks like it still hasn't been resolved. Is Spotify going to give an answer or provide a solution to fix this? We all pay a subscription fee so I feel like this level of customer service should be provided.

Kind regards 

abigailwilliams

I'm also having this issue!

Before - my shazamed playlist

wasn't adding new shazamed tracks.

I followed the advice from another community post and did a clean install of both Spotify and Shazam. Unlinked the two. Removed access rights etc.

Now the playlist has deleted my over NINE HUNDRED song Shazam playlist and only adds new songs that I Shazam!

So the only thing I have on this playlist now is the one song Shazam suggested I try out! 

I used to use this feature constantly, but it looks like since Apple now owns Shazam, they don't care about Android users.

Not happy