Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"My Shazam Tracks" playlist doesn't sync/add all shazamed tracks

Plan; Premium

It's the same on all my devices - whether Apple or Android 

My Question or Issue

I've been using the automatic sync function where songs I have shazamed show up automatically in the 'My Shazams Playlist'. They stopped syncing so I followed the advice on this community of disconnecting the two, deleting the playlist on Spotify, then reconnecting. I've done this 3 times now.  However the playlist on Spotify only shows 94 songs whereas I've Shazamed 147 songs. And the songs that don't show up seem random - it's not that the first ones don't show or that certain albums don't show. For example I shazamed 3 songs recently from the same album on the same day and only one shows in Spotify. Any ideas? 

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

• iOS

This should now be fixed for all iOS users with the release of Shazam v 14.2. Just make sure your Spotify and Shazam apps are updated to the latest version.

Note that past Shazams will no longer sync to Spotify as part of the ‘Sync Shazams to Spotify’ feature. We have however improved the syncing to find and add more of your new Shazams to the ‘My Shazam Tracks’ playlist.

You can find out more on how to use Shazam in conjunction with Spotify on iOS in this Spotify Answer.

• Android

The relevant team is still looking into possible solutions for AndroidWe're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile, you can manually add tracks you Shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist.

Thanks again!

Top Answer
Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey there folks, 

Just sharing an update with you all:

I've gone ahead and did some tweaks in the Status Update to make it more clear that this issue should be resolved for iOS users as this caused some confusion.

If you're currently in version 14.2 (and newer) of the Shazam app and you're experiencing something similar on an iOS device, we'd recommend posting in the relevant Help board so we can take a closer look into things.

We'd also suggest checking out this Spotify Answer that contains more info and troubleshooting you can try.

For Android users, rest assured that the teams are still working into improving things. Make sure to keep both Spotify and Shazam apps up to date in the meanwhile.

Lastly, keep in mind that if you're on Android, you can try deleting the "My Shazam Tracks" playlist to restart the sync. However, we don't recommend trying this step if you're having troubles with the iOS app as this won't work in the same way (you'll only see new shazamed tracks display).

If anything changes for Android users, we'll keep you in the loop here!

Hope this helps clear things up a bit more! If you have any questions about what different Ongoing Issue statuses mean, you can check this Spotify Answer.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Comments
attackmonkeygo

The top answer here is not an answer at all. Spotify does not allow you to downvote a top answer and just chooses one that makes everything look like its been resolved. Apple music seems like the best choice these days- ive tested it and it works fine on there and the customer service here leaves alot to be desired seemingly being here to look the part rather than play the part.

dieselfist

It hasn't worked on Android since Apple bought the Shazam App. Why would they want it to work properly with a direct competitor. It seems obvious that Apple is hoping that users out of frustration will leave spotify for Apple music just to get their playlist working. I should know becuase I did exactly that. At one point spotify wasn't even an option in the Shazam app. So I ended up going to apple music. They can't actually expect people to believe that they have spent the past 2 years working on trying to fix this. If you get the chance lookup some of the devious things they have done to competitors directly within their App store. Think about it two direct competors (Google Android and Spotify) are using the Shazam app that is owned by Apple. If you had competitors using your product, would you let it work properly for them?

boo_key

Hey, @Katerina ,

Do you have an update for android users regarding this issue?

I don't want to cancel my premium service but this is getting a but frustrating. 

Hoping I get a response, thanks!

ShahilV

Hi, as an android user, unfortunately the recommendation of deleting the playlist and adding it again did not work. In fact it made it worst because now there were no previous songs in my playlist at all!

I had to restore my previous playlist that is incomplete but at least it's better than zero. The new songs are now syncing but the majority are still missing. 

Konstantinos_Vi

488 tracks, and nothing and i dont even see my shazam playslist

Finz23

I am still experiencing the same issue. Even got a new iPhone SE, with a fresh install of Shazam and Spotify. I have shazamed many tracks since enabling sync and still not added.

The proposed solution does not work, please review.

DerAbberad

I got a Android smartphone and I don't even have the option to connect to Spotify. This option is completely gone. Only Apple Music is available to connect with.

mkaminski69

This is still an ongoing issue. I’m using iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 15 although it was the same issue with the previous version of iOS. I tried to disconnect with Spotify and reconnect multiple times. Unfortunately no change. 

petrushka

Same problem here  I have IOS 14.8 Spotify 18.6.62 and Shazam 14.21  and a playlist is created by no songs are added. Also there is no "add" button next to the spotify "open" button. IMG-8957.PNG

attackmonkeygo

Has Spotify deleted all the comments off here ?

this is still an ongoing issue