Free

Country

Australia

Device

Dell Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The new releases for you section which every friday updates with a selection of new releases from artists I follow is no longer there. What happened? Is it coming back?

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this. We can confirm the tech team are aware of the issue.

We don't have a timeframe for a fix, but hopefully we'll have an update soon.

For now, we'd recommend keeping your apps up-to-date.

Thanks again!

Related Issues

Comments
Rising Star 13 YahTehgz
Rising Star 13

Hi @Amen_Yohannes

Sorry for the inconvenient. I guess you just ahve to wait for it. System will regenerate it for you.

Have a nice day!

Amen_Yohannes
Regular

Ohh ok as long as it comes back that good. Just to clarify I am talking about the "New releases for you" section under the "Discover" tab of the borwsing.

betsig250
Regular

I am having the same problem.  This has been happening quite a bit lately too which is annoying..

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hey @betsig250

That's quite peculiar.

Do you have any problems with the Friend Feed, Daily Mixes, Radio or anything as well?

I recommend reinstalling your Spotify client, it could be a corruption within its files causing this. Just follow this article as a guide :)

Let me know how it goes!

betsig250
Regular

Everything else works fine.  Just occasionally I lose the New Release section under Discover.  

Amen_Yohannes
Regular

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that hasn't worked. I am not having any issues with any other part of spotify.

Amen_Yohannes
Regular

Go to this link below and give the "new idea" a like! Hopefully Spotify will bring it back.

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

The New Releases for You section shouldn't be missing at all, so I also suggest this method below. It requires having administrator rights, but is otherwise easy to check and nothing bad happens when you make the hosts file blank altogether:

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

You can also try removing all lines to see what happens. :)

betsig250
Regular

My hosts file is all # lines.  So it isn't because of this.

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

@betsig250

Thank you for informing. :)

I also suggest clean reinstall of Spotify.

For non-Windows Store client do this:

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

For Windows Store client I recommend resetting the app (Tenforums guide) and then reinstalling it following the steps in this article.

Also, if you're running Windows 10, I do suggest using the Windows Store app instead of the standalone program. It's more suitable for Win10 platform. :)

Let me know how you get on!