Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Payment failed" red banner showing despite payments being successful.

We've received some reports of customers getting a notification on their mobile app "Payment Failed: We were unable to charge you. To keep Premium, update your payment method ASAP." despite payment being successful or being part of Premium Family or Premium Duo.

1.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! The message should only appear if your latest payment was actually unsuccessful. Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Alex

Hi there,

Thanks for the post.

It might take a few hours for the system to register your payment, so the red message should disappear after some time if your last payment was successful.

Hope this helps 🙂

En mi cuenta de banco ya está reflejado el pago de Spotify pero en Spotify no
JavieraGuzman

hola buenas, tengo el mismo problema pero realice el pago de 1 de febrero y aun me aparece el mensaje

nboatlyf

My debit card expired so I saw the red 'payment failed' banner for valid reasons. However instead of updating my payment details I instead joined someone's family plan, so I no longer have to pay for my subscription (they pay). However I still often get the red banner appearing when I open the app.

Recibó el e-mail de bienvenida al plan, pero no lo han actualizado en su cuenta spoty ya paso 24 hrs de haber efectuado la operación y no tiene acceso a su biblioteca
My Spotify account is paused because it says I didn't pay, but I just joined a Duo account that has autopay on. I can't upgrade the payment details because I'm not the manager. But the bill was also just payed. I can't fix it and the account manager doesn't know why it's not working for me
支払いヘルプ
保留中の支払は無いのに、「支払いが完了できていません」とメールが何度も来るのはなぜですか?
I updated my payment on 31st January, I have an email receipt and a bank statement of the money coming out, but everytime I open the app it’s saying I need to update my payment details and I’m not paying twice when I’ve already paid and updated my details, I logged out and back in to my account and that fixed it for a few days but the same message keeps popping up
I updated all my details, an secured my student Premium but it's now saying I need to update my information n update my payment plan .
Inadram

Hello dear Alejar, I think maybe these steps can help you to solve your problem:

1. Check your payment method: Make sure that the payment method you're using is up to date and has enough funds to cover your Spotify subscription. If your payment method is invalid or expired, it can result in payment failure messages.

2. Wait a little while: Sometimes, payment notifications may not update in real-time, so it's possible that the payment may have gone through successfully even if you're seeing an error message. Wait a few hours and check again to see if the issue has been resolved.

3. Log out and log back in: Sometimes, logging out of your account and logging back in can refresh your account and resolve the issue.

4. Contact Spotify customer support: If you've tried the above steps and you're still seeing the "Payment failed" banner on Spotify, you should reach out to their customer support team for further assistance. They can help you troubleshoot the issue and find a solution to the problem.

In general, it's important to stay up to date with your subscription and payment details to ensure that you don't experience any issues with your Spotify account.