Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Payment failed" red banner showing despite payments being successful.

We've received some reports of customers getting a notification on their mobile app "Payment Failed: We were unable to charge you. To keep Premium, update your payment method ASAP." despite payment being successful or being part of Premium Family or Premium Duo.

1.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! The message should only appear if your latest payment was actually unsuccessful. Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Jose_M

Hello @ksfbys 

Thanks for reaching out. Can you try logging out of the app, rebooting your phone and logging back in? This might trigger a refresh in the app. If this doesn't work, I'd recommend having a clean reinstall of Spotify following these steps.

Let me know how it goes!

Anderson517
I purchased a duo account today but on the app it wants my girlfriend to update her payment info or downgrade it says. So she went online like it told her to and when she tries to update her payment info it won’t let her because it says I post the duo plan.
ksfbys

Hi! Thank you for entertaining my question! Unfortunately, your suggested ways did not work :((
What else should I do?

This is how it looks like whenever I open the spotify app.

328609431_509651434523031_7271105265326770713_n.jpg
Luciernaga9

I have been charged once but spotify keeps asking me to pay I dont know what to do

holasoylara123

hola

Se me cobra de la tarjeta y me llegan los recibos pero no me registra los pagos la aplicación.

Subo fotos de lo que me aparece al entrar a la aplicación desde un Iphone 14

Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-02-08 a las 03.28.10.jpg
Vxnus-

Hi, I am having the same exact issue as the above. I have made payment on the 2nd of February 2023 and had the receipt thus it has been showing that payment has failed. I have followed the steps given above and yet the issue keep persisting. Please advise. 

1675843622803.jpg
Screenshot_20230208_161000_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230208_161029_Chrome.jpg
Jose_M

Hello @Anderson517!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community. Can you let me know if your girlfriend's Spotify account page shows that she is a member of your Duo plan?

If so, I'd recommend she tries logging out of the Spotify app and back in twice in a row, this can trigger a refresh between the app and her account.

If a Duo plan isn't showing in her account page, I'd recommend you try to add her again following these steps.

Let me know how this goes!

Entro a la aplicación y me dice que fallo el pago pero yo ya pague mi cuenta desde Google porque si aprieto cambiar método de pago en la App me.cambia de plan y todo. Ya pague, por que sigue saliendo me el mensaje rojo?
AlejaR

Hey @holasoylara123,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

We hope you don't mind us answering in English as this is the official language of the forum.

That being said, we really appreciate the screenshot you kindly sent us. In this case, we'd recommend entering your payment details again in your Account Page> Update. That can help the system refresh.

If the above doesn't do the trick, we suggest you log out and log in twice in a row onto your Spotify account. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your account in general. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaR
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

First off, try entering your payment details again in your Account Page> Update. That can help the system refresh.

If you're a member of a Duo/Family plan, you can reach out directly to our Customer Support team for further help.

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.