Country

US

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 12.2

Spotify App Version

My Question or Issue

When I try to share a song to my Instagram story from the Spotify app, it posts without the Spotify sticker in the top left corner. It just posts a screenshot (attached below) with no way of linking back to the Spotify app to play the track. 

My phone software and Spotify app are both up to date and I have tried deleting and redownloading both multiple times. This feature used to work no problem but just stopped one day.

C6FF87EC-13FE-41BC-9242-71A84213D3A3.png
06D17760-7460-4443-ACFD-11DE0BF782CF.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the iOS board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
Cosmin13

How did you solved?

JerryAng

Hey There ! I have the same problem and i still cant find the solution ! 

Spotify Version : Spotify 8.5.1.734

Instagran Version : Instagram 89.0.0.21.101

Device : Xiaomi Pocophone F1 MIUI 10.2.3.0

byzyldz

Same here

Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite

Instagram : 90.0.0.18.110

Spotify: 8.5.2.759

JerryAng

My friends share a song on their instagram story and there is "Play on Spotify" button under their instagram username, then i tried to share a song too, but there is no "Play on Spotify" button in my story. Can someone tell me the solution? i tried to search treads about this problem but i still cant find the solution. 

Here is my spotify, instagram and phone version:

-Spotify Version : Spotify 8.5.3.716

-Instagran Version : Instagram 91.0.0.18.118

-Device : Xiaomi Pocophone F1 MIUI 10.2.3.0

Loxer

Hey @Kb3395, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

This issue seems to be under investigation here.

Please add your +VOTE and details and follow the thread for future status updates.

Thanks 🙂

Kb3395

I saw that thread but unfortunately, my issue isn't with the camera opening. Rather, when I click the Instagram share button, it opens w/just a screenshot of the song and no link to the song or Spotify app (as if I just screenshotted what I was listening to and posted it on my story). This has been going on for a few months now 😞 

Loxer

Hey @Kb3395,

If possible, could you check using a different device or Spotify account if the same issue persists?

@JerryAng

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Thanks 🙂

Kb3395

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Instagram-Stories-Play-on-Spotify-Button-Problem/m-p/461206...

I have the same issue!! All apps & operating systems up to date; have tried deleting/reinstalling both apps many times. PLEASE HELP this has been going on for months 😞

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 12.2

Spotify App Version

JerryAng

I reinstalled both instagram and spotify. I also restarted my device like twice. But it all the same. The "Play on Spotify" button still wont appear in my instagram story . Please help 😞

Daisy

Hey @JerryAng,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you let us know what happens when you use a different account? 🙂 

Have a nice day!