Country

US

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 12.2

Spotify App Version

My Question or Issue

When I try to share a song to my Instagram story from the Spotify app, it posts without the Spotify sticker in the top left corner. It just posts a screenshot (attached below) with no way of linking back to the Spotify app to play the track. 

My phone software and Spotify app are both up to date and I have tried deleting and redownloading both multiple times. This feature used to work no problem but just stopped one day.

C6FF87EC-13FE-41BC-9242-71A84213D3A3.png
06D17760-7460-4443-ACFD-11DE0BF782CF.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the iOS board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
cocoshannon

Hi, 

I have tried updating, deleting and redowloading apps and I'm still getting th unable to share to ionstagram message in spotify. 

Iphone x 

ios 13.1.2

liturram

Hi, the truth is this issue has been around ten months now, and it seems no one cares about it. Sadly, I am still trying to share something and of course, it doesn't work.

Kb3395

This is honestly a joke at this point. Haven't had this feature since AT LEAST February and haven't heard from anyone from Spotify in so long it's actually unbelievable. You should not have users coming back weekly for months begging for a response... you clearly haven't fixed ANYTHING, its obviously not under investigation, and you don't even have the decency to respond to your customers. Not a good look

Kb3395

I posted this in May. It is now October. I don't get it you guys just disappeared and no one's going to help with this??

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience as we continue to investigate this.

If you're still experiencing this issue, could you confirm for us that you're updated by providing us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • exact Instagram version?

Once we have that, we'll pass on the updated info to the right team, who will look further into it.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Kb3395

@Peter  Yes we are all still experiencing this issue because nothing has been fixed. Idk why any of this info is relevant at this point considering the issue has persisted over multiple iOS, Instagram, and Spotify updates. 

iPhone 8 Plus iOS 13.1.3

Spotify version 8.5.27

Instagram version 115.1

Petya
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the iOS board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

JerryAng

@Petya Im still experiencing the problem

Spotify Version : 8.5.33.831

Instagram Version : 121.0.0.29.119

Phone : Xiaomi Pocophone F1 MIUI 11

Please help

fmvillanueva84

@Petya 

I still have this problem

Spotify Version : 8.5.34.644

Instagram Version : 121.1.0.22.122