Country

US

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 12.2

Spotify App Version

My Question or Issue

When I try to share a song to my Instagram story from the Spotify app, it posts without the Spotify sticker in the top left corner. It just posts a screenshot (attached below) with no way of linking back to the Spotify app to play the track. 

My phone software and Spotify app are both up to date and I have tried deleting and redownloading both multiple times. This feature used to work no problem but just stopped one day.

C6FF87EC-13FE-41BC-9242-71A84213D3A3.png
06D17760-7460-4443-ACFD-11DE0BF782CF.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the iOS board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
aegiel

Still not working here, everything is updated.

Katerina

Hey there @aegiel@DocCivillian, and  @Kb3395,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Since you mention that you're still having troubles with this, it'd be helpful if you could confirm the Spotify and Instagram app version you're on. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

DocCivillian

Spotify: 8.5.18.932

Instagram: 107.0.0.27.121

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Android 4.4

Nothing seem to change after a factory reset and bunch of updates. 

aegiel

Spotify: 8.5.17.676

Instagram: 105.0.0.18.119

Kb3395

@Katerina 

Spotify 8.5.19

Instagram 107.0

iPhone 8 Plus iOS 12.4

A lot of us have given this information multiple times now, please let us know when we can expect something to actually be done about this.

Thank you!

JerryAng

@Katerina@Daisy  

Spotify Version : 8.5.18.934
Instagram Version : 107.0.0.27.121

Xiaomi Pocophone F1 MIUI 10.3.6

I have given this information for several times, but still no changes, and i cant try my account on other phone since i only have 1 phone, i think you need to fix the apps, not to tell people to change their phones.

and yes, i tried different spotify and instagram account to see if it works, but it doesnt work at all, still no "Play on Spotify" Button under my instagram story

Kb3395

@Peter @Daisy @Katerina Is there any update on this? This has been an ongoing issue for months. Please don't ask us to update our apps again or try to log in from a different device. It's clear that this issue is on your end and not a user error. Please let us know ASAP when we can expect to be able to use this feature again. 

frablee

@Katerina

yes same problem, "play on spotify" didn't appear on top left corner. a.k.a missing.

Oneplus 5T / Android Oxygen OS 9.0.8

Spotify ver - 8.5.21.754

Instagram ver - 108.0.0.23.119

thankyou

Kb3395

@Katerina @Daisy @Peter we haven’t heard from you in over a month now. It really does not seem like Spotify cares about this issue or its customers and after years of membership, I’m strongly considering canceling my Premium and switching to a different streaming service because this is honestly ridiculous. Maybe one with ttr under 4 months...  or one where they’ll at least respond to you or even let you create a support ticket. 

So again, any update here would be really helpful. I don’t want to cancel but this is crazy. 

JeffmooreNL

i have the same problem since this today!!

Spotify Version : 8.5.23
Instagram Version : 112.0

iPhone