Country

US

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 12.2

Spotify App Version

My Question or Issue

When I try to share a song to my Instagram story from the Spotify app, it posts without the Spotify sticker in the top left corner. It just posts a screenshot (attached below) with no way of linking back to the Spotify app to play the track. 

My phone software and Spotify app are both up to date and I have tried deleting and redownloading both multiple times. This feature used to work no problem but just stopped one day.

C6FF87EC-13FE-41BC-9242-71A84213D3A3.png
06D17760-7460-4443-ACFD-11DE0BF782CF.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the iOS board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
kristinagav
It’s working for me now
Kb3395

@Katerina Still not working for me. Did you guys fix anything?

Daisy

Hey @kristinagav, great to hear it works for you now!

@Kb3395 - Can you confirm you have both the Spotify and Instagram app up to date to the latest version? 🙂 

Thank you all!

Kb3395

@Daisy  yes. They have been the whole time. This has been an issue. I’ve tried all troubleshooting you guys have suggested. I’ve been told it’s under investigation but haven’t heard anything in a while and nothing has changed 😕

Daisy

Hey @Kb3395,

We received confirmation from other users that this issue has been resolved. Can you try this out on another device? 🙂

Let us know how that goes. Thank you!

JerryAng

Hey There @Katerina @Daisy , 

Its still not working for me, updated both instagram and spotify to the latest version, still no change, i have experienced this issue for a while with no change, please help me fix this

Ehapsari
After I updated the Instagram apps recently, the button is back.
Daisy

Hey @Ehapsari, thanks for letting us know this is working for you! Awesome 🙂

Hey @JerryAng, could you try this on another device? 

Have a nice day!

Kb3395

@Daisy we've been taken through all of these troubleshooting instructions multiple times. it still does not work if we use different device, update operating system, update apps. 

DocCivillian

Well, this is obviously an issue and you guys clearly need to fix it. 

I am having the same issue.

Updated both Spotify and Instagram recently and it didn't help. And no, I can't try this on another device since I only use my phone for this kind of stuff.