Country

US

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS 12.2

Spotify App Version

My Question or Issue

When I try to share a song to my Instagram story from the Spotify app, it posts without the Spotify sticker in the top left corner. It just posts a screenshot (attached below) with no way of linking back to the Spotify app to play the track. 

My phone software and Spotify app are both up to date and I have tried deleting and redownloading both multiple times. This feature used to work no problem but just stopped one day.

C6FF87EC-13FE-41BC-9242-71A84213D3A3.png
06D17760-7460-4443-ACFD-11DE0BF782CF.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

If you’re still experiencing this issue, can you make a new thread in the iOS board? We'll get back to you there.

Thanks!

Comments
jstorehouses

Device: iPhone XR

OS version: 13.0

Spotify version: 8.5.23.644

Instagram version: 112.0

belurewind

Device: iPhone 6s

OS version: 13.1

Spotify version: 8.5.23

Instagram version: 112.0

Klangspot

Device: iPhone X / iOS 13 and 13.1

Spotify: 8.5.23

Instagram: 112.0

I got the issue since I installed iOS 13. Updating to 13.1. Reinstalling the apps and a hardreset didn't work.

Besties

I have same problems zzzz

alixha___

Device: iPhone 6s

OS version: 13.0

Spotify version: 8.5.23.644

Instagram version: 112.0.0.17.121

Yazz same problem, "play on spotify" didn't appear on top left corner or  missing. i tried different spotify and instagram account to see if it works, but it doesnt work at all, still no "Play on Spotify" Button under my instagram story.

skoobasteph

Just started experiencing this issue when I got the new iPhone. I can't imagine not having this feature since May! Hopefully y'all can figure it out soon! 🙂

• iPhone 11 Pro
  • iOS 13.1
  • Spotify App version 8.5.23
  • Instagram App version 112.0
liturram

Same issue in the U.K. 

This issue is now 2 weeks old.  Spotify why can't we share the Spotify link to Stories on Instagram? Can we have an update on the issue?

I have NEW iPhone & now it's saying opps Sorry, we couldn't share to Instagram Stories, try later 

achattop

Not working for me too. Not able to share spotify songs to Instagram!!!

spotify version : 8.5.25.760

iphone xsmax : ios 13.1.1

I feel that if you have 34 ongoing issues - that you can pay 1 person to update these ongoing issues threads maybe every 3 days.  The number of artists not being shared over Instagram stories is very sad.  1 person sharing Spotify is worth how much to you guys?  It's super frustrating that there is ZERO feedback.