"Weekly Discoveries" don't keep track of songs it has already suggested

Since a couple weeks, I figured the discovery playlist started suggesting more and more songs it has already suggested in the past. Nowadays, I roughly get 5-10 non new songs every week. Am I doing something wrong? Let's be honest, it kind of defeat the point of that playlist...

Thanks for letting us know!

We'll pass your comments to the right team about your Discover Weekly. Hopefully you'll love the next one. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Take care :)

0 Likes

Related Issues

Comments
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @Malaka_Jones!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Please review the following:

1. Have you been streaming recently, and do you regularly listen in a private session?

2. Do you only stream from the DW playlist? (streams from the DW playlist don't count towards your recommendations).

3. Can you try unfollowing your DW, and then heading to Browse > Discover > to follow it again afterwards? Does unfollowing and following again help?

After you've checked these, give us a shout :)

Malaka_Jones
Casual Listener

I rarely stream that playlist as I have it on automatic download for offline listening on both my computer and my phone.

When I'm moving outside, the cellular data on Spotify is most of the time deactivated, but it does connect back up when I'm on a wifi. At home tho, I do stream a lot of various playlists and artists.

I'll try unfollowing and following it back to see if it changes anything.

thanks,

Thanks for the additional info @Malaka_Jones!

Let us know if following and unfollowing the DW playlist helps at all with this.

Hopefully next Monday you'll see completely fresh & new recommendations.

Cheers!

Malaka_Jones
Casual Listener

Well, it's as bad... I guess I'll just manually blacklist the song I can't stand anymore with the desktop app.

Status changed to: Closed

Thanks for letting us know!

We'll pass your comments to the right team about your Discover Weekly. Hopefully you'll love the next one. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Take care :)