"Your addresses didn't match" - issues with users accepting invites to Duo/Family plans

Hi I need help 

my boyfriend got duo premium and I can’t join it 

we have the exact same address on Spotify I’ve checked 10 times, we have the same country of payment and when I put the address the message says that we are not at the same address... I’m getting really mad at this stuff 

please help 😞

[Star Edit - Removed Personal Information contained within screenshots]

7BD16DA7-A7F0-446C-A519-9D765CA39E36.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here. We can then take a closer look into things for you.

For more info about what the different Ongoing Issues statuses mean, check this Spotify Answer.

Thanks!

Comments

Seem like this issue is still going on since Aug till now. Contacted twice with Spotify, but issue not fixed.. How long am I gonna wait for this to fix..

valentinass

Llevo mucho tiempo con el problema y aún no solucionan nada. 

Achita

I have the same issue. My fam tried changing the address but it doesn't help. Followed every steps the support team suggest. Are you trying to have us pay for premium separately or something? The support team I mailed to is not helping with anything, no suggestion was replied back just 'We will look into it.', USELESS asf

lyviaannaleigh

I'm trying to add my mom into the family plan, and the address i keyed in is obviously the same address but somehow spotify is saying it doesn't match?? please do something about this it is extremely frustrating dude. 

tuncelbrk

Hi, I have same problem about "address didn't matched" i tried the all solution ways described but it didn't help me. Please i need your assist. Thanks,

Ver

Hey everyone,

Just quickly jumping in here 🙂

We did some changes backstage. DUO members should now be able to see an improvement. If anyone on DUO is still not able to rejoin their previous plan, let us know. 

Also everyone, DUO or Family, who is still encountering an issue with re-joining their plans, ask the administrator to send a new invite. Afterwards, send us screenshots or a video of what happens when you try accepting it. The date the invite was sent on should also be visible (but please hide any email addresses). We'll investigate further afterwards.

Thanks!

Ver
Status changed to: Under investigation
Hi everyone,

We've passed this on to the right team and they're looking into this.

If you're experiencing this, we'd first recommend going through the following steps:
  • Make sure that both your and the managers accounts are set to the same country.
  • Try accepting the invite with an incognito browser.
  • Try with another device, if that's an option
  • Try using a different network.
  • Ask the Premium Family administrator to re-enter the address of the plan on their account page, (they can also open it through this link: https://www.spotify.com/account/family/) even if it's the same one. Afterwards they should send you a new invite.
If the steps above don't fix things, follow the steps mentioned in the post here to let us know.

Also, make sure to click on +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments. We'll keep you updated on any developments here, so make sure to also subscribe to this thread.

Hi @Ver 

I tried requested a new link from my family admin account its still not working for me. I had use all the method that you mention.

I had been contacting the live support chat for 5 times over the month. But nothing works, or I should say no want know how to solve it. The team was suppose to follow up my case, but I still don't get any email. Its been 2 weeks.

please email me **bleep**

Ben

@Ver 

I had enter the exact address as the admin's account. This is getting way too much, I'm very upset with the service.

After reading your comment I thought it will work, but it's still the same. 

PLEASE HELP! 

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 11.15.20 PM.png

Mihail

Hey @1193315771 ,

We're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing the issue.

Could you please share a screenshot of the invite you're trying to accept? We need to see the date that it was sent on, just make sure to hide any sensitive or private info, such as e-mail addresses. 

You mentioned that you've been in contact with our Customer Support team over this issue. It's also a good idea to check your spam for possible replies. If you can't find them there, you can reply to the last email you received from them and get an update.

We'd love to investigate this further! We'll be here if you have any other questions.