Announcements

saved albums list bug

After the new upgrade the saved albums list now includes singles as if they were also albums. This is not wanted, specialy considering the "saved albums only" botton exists to exclude singles from the list. Please fix this.

We understand.

In this case, when you save a single it will appear in the saved albums section of the app. When you turn the "saved albums only" option, the singles will continue to appear as it only contains one song that you've previously saved. 

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need some extra help. 

Comments
QuayleRaynor

Do you mean singles that you didn't save as albums appearing in the saved algums list? Cause that's what's happening to me

playerdalves
Yes, just like that.
Mara_F
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi @playerdalves and @QuayleRaynor

Thanks for getting in touch with our Community. 

Can you send us the following info: 

1. Device and Spotify version. 
  2. Does it happen with every single you add? 
  3. Screenshot of how you're seeing them on the album section. 
  4. What have you tried? 

In the meantime, does reinstalling the app help? 

We'll see what we can suggest.

playerdalves

Latest version of spotify on pc, windows.

What is happening is that all my singles that I saved now apper as saved albums, even though I did not save the album in question. So 1 track albums (singles), if saved the single it automatically saves the album, adding it to the albums list. This all happened after the last upgrade, retroactively adding albums to my list from previously saved singles. So all the saved singles are now saved albums, not just the ones I saved after the upgrade. 

Also just noticed, saved albums that I unsaved tracks from now dont show on the albums list. If I save an album but unsave one track from it after that, instead of removing that track form the saved album it removes the save from the album. Also happened after the last upgrade.

Mara_F

Thanks for that info @playerdalves

It's expected for the album to appear under Albums when adding a single, so you don't have to worry. On the other hand, we tried removing a song from an album that was already saved and it only removed that selected song instead of removing the whole album. 

Can you let us know if it happens with every single album? Does restarting the app help? 

We'll be right here waiting. 

playerdalves

Singles are expected to appear under Albums yes, not under "saved Albums only". They are all there now, as saved albums, but those albums were not saved before. I only saved the songs, not the albums. Lets take steps. (print1) "saved albums only" list->None of this albums were there before the upgrade. They were all singles I saved, but not albums I saved. They showed on the albums list, but not on the "saved albums only" list. I made an experiment and "unsaved" the album by Lorde. Both song and album were "unsaved". They stopped showing on any of the albums lists (so far so normal). Went back and saved only the song, not the album. That's when it gets strange, the album only shows on the albums list, not the "saved albums only" list. So, normal behavior, I go re-check the album, only the song is saved, not the album. I restart spotify. Then (print2) . I go to the album and the album is saved. Even though it was not before. So there. First part of the problem addressed. Second part... Saved Albums that I "unsaved" 1 or more songs. Take the print3 example. That was a saved album before the upgrade. (print4) only the last song was "unsaved" after the album was already saved. So the album showed on the "saved albums only" list as normal before the upgrade. But not now, in fact, print3 shows that the album is not saved at all after the upgrade. So I unsaved the album and re-saved it (print5), so far so good. I "unsave" the first track, (print6). As you can see the album is still saved. But no longer shows on the "saved albums only" list (print7), I go and re-check the album, still saved (print8). I restart spotify, the album is "unsaved" (print9). Nothing like this happened before the last upgrade. I extensively use the "saved albums only" list and it never gave problems. This is a huge bummer, It makes the hole "saved albums only" list unusable. Plus a lot of my albums got unsaved because of it. But I can be happy because a lot of singles I don't care for in this terms are now in the list that was supposed to keep them out. Sorry for being a pain, but this really is a major bug for me and kind of destroys my way of enjoying spotify.

Thank you for your time, but please address this.

print1print1print2print2print3print3print4print4print5print5print6print6print7print7print8print8print9print9

Maria_B

We understand @playerdalves.

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with the changes in the recent Spotify update.

No worries! We'll be sure to pass on all your comments to the right team.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you.

This has been bugging me also, I have Singles appearing in my Albums list.

These are singles that I have not Saved as albums, but I have Saved a track from.

Up until a few days ago this was working correctly where only Albums I had actually Saved would appear in  my Albums list.

This change in functionality means there is no difference between Singles and Albums.
(I edited my comment as I realised my undertsanding of terminology was incorrect)

MonicaM_Bogota
Status changed to: Closed

We understand.

In this case, when you save a single it will appear in the saved albums section of the app. When you turn the "saved albums only" option, the singles will continue to appear as it only contains one song that you've previously saved. 

Don't hesitate to create a new thread if you need some extra help. 

Env: prod