spotify changes my local file's song name

So I wanted to add you - Dodie Clark (which i got as a patreon donor) to my playlists and it's not on spotify but the spotify windows desktop version changed the name of my song to PS I Love You - Dodie Stevens because i guess incorrectly recognized it as a song in it's database. the audio is unchanged, it's still my song, it just has different details (cover art, artist, etc.)

The other weird thing is that when i searched for that song it wasn't even on spotify so i don't know where it got the information from.

I know there used to be a feature that could easily fix this problem (link/unlink song) but for some reason they thought that was an unecessary feature so it's not there anymore. It's incredibly irritating that there used to be a solution that is now inaccessible. There are many people who have complained about it and i don't understand why it was removed in the first place.

Hey @very_eel!

It's been a week since your last reply, are you still having issues with the same? Feel free to get back to us if you do. For now, we'll be closing the post.

Take care!

0 Likes
Comments
Hubo
Spotify Star
Spotify Star
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @very_eel! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's odd. Does this also show up on other devices? Could you make sure Local Files aren't on on your device? You can head to: 'Edit > Preferences > Local Files' and make sure that everything's turned off. Let me know how it goes! 🙂

Have a great weekend!

FabianS_Bogota
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @very_eel!

It's been a week since your last reply, are you still having issues with the same? Feel free to get back to us if you do. For now, we'll be closing the post.

Take care!

Related Issues