free

Country

united states

Device

iphone 8+

Operating System

ios 11.4.1

My Question or Issue

i try opening the app, and it loads for a split second, and then it just crashes. i tried reinstalling the app. it works the first time i open it, but as soon as i close the app, it just crashes every time i try to open it again. i've tried restarting my phone as well, and nothing is working. it only works on my imac and ipad. my ios is up to date on all of my devices. my google home speaker can't use spotify on it either. i'm extremely frustrated by this and really don't want to turn to another app for listening to music on. please help me. 

Hey everyone!

Thanks for bearing with us 🙂

This should be now fixed. 

If the issue perists, make sure to perform a clean reinstall of the app first. If that doesn't help, we'd recommend starting a new thread on our Help Boards.

Cheers!

Comments
Loxer

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry as it may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Could you attach a screenshot of the issue you're having or a screen recording? I hope you are not running any tweaked apps of Spotify not released by Spotify themselves, because that's something normal with them 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

ajlic

i'm still having trouble. it's not letting me send the screen recording or screenshot i have to show the version of spotify i'm using.

i'm positive i'm using the real spotify app. the version i'm using is 8.4.67 

my ios version is 11.4.1

to quickly clarify, i have repeatedly reinstalled spotify with it working perfectly fine, but as soon as i close it and try reopening it later on, it crashes.

is there anything else i can try?? 

thank you for the help! 

Loxer

Hey @ajlic,

Could you tell me more about the screen recording thing? What do you mean it isn't letting you send it? Are you having issues uploading it to a cloud drive service?

I can suggest to reset your Settings to see if that helps.

Does this happen if you sign in with another account in your device or if you use another internet connection?

Please let me know 🙂

ajlic

it says that the images cannot be used because it doesn't end with jpg or any other ones that are listed. it's okay though.

i may have pinpointed the problem. when i have spotify in the dock, (bottom of the screen) it glitches out every time. though, when i have it in other spots on my screen, it works perfectly fine. i don't understand why it suddenly doesn't work in the dock, where i've always kept it all these years. 

do you have any idea on why it's like this? 

gallin85

I'm having the exact same issue. Also on iPhone.

Loxer

Hey @ajlic,

Sorry that it didn't work! 

Did you try any of the other steps I suggested?

I've it in the same place, the dock, and no issues with it. I'm on the Beta version of Spotify but installed the official version just to test it and it works fine on my end.

IMG_0052.png

@gallin85,

I see that you have the same issue but could you try sharing any video recordings of it?

Thanks to both! 🙂

ajlic

i've tried everything you've said. i've moved spotify back to the dock, and at this point, it either works or it doesn't. i try opening it, and it glitches and crashes, so i just keep trying to open it until it actually opens and works. it's only a temporary solution. 

i'm glad i'm not the only one struggling here, too. is spotify going to be coming out with any new updates anytime soon? 

thanks for the help.

Loxer

Hey @ajlic,

In fact this is the only case I've seen. I'm sorry it isn't working for you 🙂

If you could provide me with what I asked maybe I can look further into that.

For now I don't have any data on when the new update will be issued to everyone but I can offer you to test the next versions of Spotify, by signing up for Spotify Beta 🙂

Hope it helps!

ajlic

sorry! what is it that you need me to provide? 

if there's another way i can contact you to try and fix this, i can then send a screen recording or whatever it is that you need to help me. 

this is my first time using this community spotify, so i don't really know how to navigate around it.

Loxer

Hey @ajlic,

If you can just upload the screen recording in a cloud service, like DropBox, OneDrive or Google Drive and share the link here if you can.

Please let me know if you can do that 🙂