Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2-3 Seconds gaps in middle of songs, over and over, when streaming to Chromecast

2-3 Seconds gaps in middle of songs, over and over, when streaming to Chromecast

I have a Premium plan and I use the Spotify app on an Android phone to stream to Chromecast Audio and Google Home devices. I also stream Spotify using voice commands to Google Home devices.

When I stream Spotify to Chromecast Audio, to Google Home or to Google Home Mini I experience 2-3 seconds gaps in the middle of songs, over and over again. It doesn't matter whether I initiate the stream using voice commands or through the Spotify app on my Android phone. So far I have tried de-linking and re-linking Spotify using the Home app on my Android phone, turning off the options for "Guest Mode" and to "Let Others Control Media",  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the Home app and the Spotify app on my phone, I have rebooted my router and all Chromecast and Google Home devices, and I have done factory resets on my Chromecast Audio and Google Home devices. None of this fixes the problem.

1 Reply

Hey @ClassicalGas.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the late response! We're here to help 🙂

Could you start off by checking if the same issue occurs if you try connecting another device (other than your Android phone) to your Chromecast Audio/Google Home/Mini?

I know you've mentioned already trying this, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the exact steps outlined here? This usually solves many common problems that our users experience.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here in case you need us 🙂

Suggested posts