Premium Family

Country

US

Device

OnePlus Phones, PC's

Operating System

Windows 10, Android 9

My Question or Issue

My household has 2 spotify accounts in a family premium plan.  We want to occasionally use them to play independently to 2 amazon echo devices - at the same time.  But the devices list doesn't populate for the second person.  I have tried turning off "Show Local Devices" and re-linking my Spotify account.  Nothing seems to work.  

Note:  I'm not trying to play the same music to multiple devices. 

2 Replies

I'm finding myself in the same situation.  We've just acquired 3 Amazon Echo Dots.  I am willing to upgrade to a Family Premium account, if that will solve this issue.  But from what I'm reading, this is still a problem.  I like Spotify and I would prefer to keep it.  But if there is no way for me to play different music across my 3 dots, PC, xBox, and Phone, then I will have to switch to a different solution that allows this.  It seems fairly simple: a Family Premium account should allow 6 streams.  Just like with Hulu, Netflix, or a number of other streaming solutions, which base the service on number of streams rather than sub-accounts.  

So what's the story, Spotify?  Is there a solution to this?

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you're interested in using multiple Alexa speakers to stream different music at the same time, you'll need to not only have separate Spotify accounts, but also separate Amazon accounts. Each one of you will need to set his Echo up with an own Amazon ID, otherwise they will all sync to the same Spotify account. You can read more about this in the Good to know section of this article

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if you need help with anything else. We're happy to lend a hand 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts