Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

3rd Party DJ App Integration

3rd Party DJ App Integration

As a long time Spotify premium user I have been using the “djay” app to mix and mess with my music for years now. To find out that June 2020 will be the last month of this integration is an absolute disappointment. Shouldn’t a service expand their features as it continues to grow? It seems that Spotify has a lost a significant amount of the features that made is stand out from competitors. This is seriously the last straw and will ultimately force me to change to a streaming service that DOES work with DJing apps. 

Top Answer
Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

We've provided more info on this with relevant links in this thread - make sure to check it out.

Thanks again!

29 Replies

I found an alternativ till christmas holidays and i´ll change soon. 

Still no likes Peter. Send it up the chain... bring back DJAY Pro

Thanks for the follow up Peter. Kindly if you can escalate our concern, I would also join the mass of users feeling down about the unexpected decommission of third party DJ apps. As a hardcore Spotify user for years ( to be honest tried alternatives here and there but never found the vibe I’m getting here on Spotify ) I feel that Spotify took a wrong turn with this one. I had some much fun messing around with the djay app itself. I’m highly disappointed and hoping for the review of this sudden decision.

Is there no iPad dj apps that can connect to Spotify now?

I still refuse to live without this.

As a premium subscriber for 6 years, I'm very disappointed in Spotify's decision to end it's partnership with Djay. I'm seriously considering switching to Tidal or SoundCloud, which are compatible with Djay.

Agree that the DJ integration is the one feature to me maintaining premium.

I still want this feature

I still want this feature.

I tried Pacemaker in ios before.. not sure if it will still work though

Suggested posts