Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 10,

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have a song I would really like to see on spotify that isn't there. Is there a way to request a song be added to the app or is there a way I can add an mp3 file to it so I can listen to this song without using youtube or other?

14 Replies

Hi @Alexis98,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

You can fill out this form to request that this song be added to Spotify; and you can also read about how to import local files (including .mp3 files) to your Spotify library here.

You can also always contact the artist or record label on social media or on their website with your query as well.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

Update: The form is no longer available.

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I can't find anything about "local files"

Hi @Alexis98,

I was wondering if you also have the Spotify desktop app? If so, you can first import local files to the Spotify app on your computer by going to Preferences, and scrolling down to Local Files. You can toggle “Show Local Files” on, and then select ADD A SOURCE. From there you can choose the location of any music files that you would like to import to your Spotify library; any files that you add can then be found in Your Music under “Local Files.”

Then, to make these local files accessible on your mobile device, you can add them to a new playlist in the desktop app:

1. Click File -> New Playlist
  2. Give your playlist a name and click CREATE
  3. Drag and drop your local files into this playlist

Then, you can log in on your mobile device using the same WiFi network as your desktop app, select the playlist containing the local files, and download it to be able to play these files from your mobile device.

Unfortunately it is not (yet) possible to import local files without the desktop app, however if this is of interest to you, you can add your +VOTE for this similar idea here, even though the status is "Not Right Now." The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented, and you can read more about how feedback on Ideas reaches Spotify here.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Hello @TreyAnastasio,

How do I make the song a file and save it to my computer? The only place I can find the song is on YouTube.
Thanks!

Hi @ロタ,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Downloading audio files as a result of converting YouTube videos isn’t legal, and therefore such files are not permitted for use as local files on Spotify. For this reason, I recommend double-checking if you can find and download an audio file for this song in an official way (e.g. purchasing the file).

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Hi, I'm wondering why Spotify doesn't carry the song Love Came For Me by Rita Coolidge from the movie Splash (1984)?!  It is  great move and an excellent song?!  Is there a reason why it isn't already available? Thanks!

Hi @bfd853,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Availability of music on Spotify can vary over time and between countries, depending on permissions from rights holders such as artists and record labels.

Spotify adds new content every day, so if you can’t find something that you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon. In the meantime, you can import a local file to your Spotify library if you have this song as a file on your computer.

AdamDamSpotify Star

Hello! 
I noticed that “give love a try” by the Jonas brothers is not available on Spotify but I really want to listen to it because it is such a beautiful song! Is there any way for me to get it into Spotify? What can I do? 

Hi @Nataliemaries,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Availability of music on Spotify can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels; therefore, content sometimes isn't available right away.

Spotify is constantly working to add new content to the platform, so hopefully your favorite music will be (back) up soon.

In the meantime, you can try contacting the artist or record label, via social media or their website. If you have the song as a file stored on your device, you can also import this track to your Spotify library as a local file.

AdamDamSpotify Star

Hi. I’m looking for a track „phone 666” of German SKA band The Butlers. 

Pouvez-vous m'aider à trouver ce titre d'Alain Chamfort? Introuvable sur spotify. Merci

Hey folks!

Thanks for reaching out 🙂 
We moved your posts to this thread, hope you don't mind.

Please take a look at the replies above. Should you have any further questions of course, do let us know!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hi

is there anyway that spotify add songs (recommended from all users) that doesnt exist in the app?

Hi. Years ago, I used YouTube to mp3 converter, just Google search it. You just put the youtube link and it converts it to mp3.

Suggested posts