Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[ALL PLATFORMS] Player keeps playing random 3-name artists, all by itself, won't be paused

[ALL PLATFORMS] Player keeps playing random 3-name artists, all by itself, won't be paused

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Canada

Device

Windows 10 store app AND webplayer AND android AND Echo Device

My Question or Issue

Started last night when my bedroom Echo device kept playing songs by itself.  I'd tell it to stop and a few seconds later, it would start again.
Opened Spotify on my phone and it would do the same.  Then the Windows 10 Spotify app and then the web player.  It's not a device-based issue.

The only fix so far has been to close the app/site/program or log out of my account in the case of my phone.

Weird part: It keeps playing artists with three names (see the attached pic).  No.  Really.  In that pic, I have a Mazda playlist for the car and I played Luba to try to get something else playing -- everything else was played by Spotify.  It also adds the artists songs into the queue.  And I think they're all instrumentalists (and terrible).

Even now, I tried to pause the player to take the screenshot and it did...for a few seconds.

SO, in summation:

• every player does this
  • it won't pause for more than a few seconds
  • all the artists it's playing have three names
  • oh, and the loop button keeps turning on as well
  • queue fills up and, as soon as I clear it, another artist gets plugged in

What the heck is going on here?

It's clearly account-based.  I have tried "logging out of all devices" but, as soon as log back into the web player, it started doing it again.

Update:  10 mins after the mass-logout, I closed and reopened the Windows app and, with a great sigh of relief, it started behaving.  I tried clearing out these terrible instrumentalists from Recently Played but their still on the Home page.   

230c1e0c25ee1cabda2d3b1cbd8b9217.png
2 Replies

And a few days later, it did it again. wth?

Hey @Xanderificus.

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

We'd suggest you give these steps a go. In this article there are some additional steps. It's also a good idea to check these steps so you can make sure your account is protected.

You can also try these steps so you can make sure your app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

Keep us posted! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts