Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ability to make a playlist from liked songs collection

Solved!

Ability to make a playlist from liked songs collection

I'm a new premium user and spent a lot of time liking songs to add to my library, I find it frustrating that I cannot create a playlist from my liked songs, I think having this option would be nice to have. 

My current liked songs number is over 3,000 and I like having that type of variety and it would be nice if spotify had the ability to create a playlist from your liked songs collection. I find it too time consuming to create a new playlist by adding one song or even one album at a time.

Thanks,
MC

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MasimoGoronato 

You can create a duplicate of any playlist, including your Liked songs, which you can edit to your liking.

In the Desktop app, click Ctrl - A within the playlist you want to copy to select all the tracks.

Next, right click and Add to playlist should appear. You can add them to an existing playlist, or create a new one.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi Masimo,

while checking the forum I found a lot of users having the same “Missing My Songs issues..

Just now, I think, it fixed itself and I can find a  “My Likes” playlist and all “My Songs” are included..

Can you confirm you see the same playlist in the playlist-list?

Thanks,

good luck

992C30D5-4351-4B69-A201-C95DF3C7E5B9.jpeg

Spotify_NewPlaylist.png

Hello,

I don't believe I see this "fix" on my side. I am currently using the webplayer on a PC and when I load into "My Library" I have my one shared playlist but was hoping there was a way to create a new playlist from my "Liked Songs" list which I don't seem to be able to do or I am missing something. I've attached a screenshot of what I see, maybe I am missing a step.

What am I hoping to accomplish with this idea/addition is when I select to start a "New Playlist" perhaps there can be an option to select from not only individual songs in your libraty but a maybe a "Select All" or "Add all from Liked Songs"

Thanks,
MC

Marked as solution

Hey @MasimoGoronato 

You can create a duplicate of any playlist, including your Liked songs, which you can edit to your liking.

In the Desktop app, click Ctrl - A within the playlist you want to copy to select all the tracks.

Next, right click and Add to playlist should appear. You can add them to an existing playlist, or create a new one.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks so much for this. This really helped, much appreciated.

Peace!

This will only let you add 100 songs at a time to a playlist. I wish they would fix this.

Hey @terrilllr,

Thanks for addressing this! 

We're aware it's not currently possible to mark all songs in your Liked Songs with Ctrl + A. The right teams are also informed of it and looking into it. 

To contribute to this getting fixed you can add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE here. We also encourage you to subscribe to get relevant updates about it. You can do this by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner, next to the title. 

We appreciate your time to do this, stay tuned 🙂 

PetyaModerator

I tried doing the CTRL-A "solution" and it does not work. I keep reading only to see that Spotify knows there is an issue but in order for them to fix an issue they probably created while deploying other new features, updates, and bug fixes, we have to vote on the problem for PAYING customers to be heard but not listened to. WOW is all I have to say. I am technical support for a company and I understand the importance of spending resources on fixes and enhancements that are worth it or requested often BUT to take away the only
solution" customers have to share their Liked Songs and then tell them to vote on it to get it back is actually quite appalling. You broke it, you should fix it......shame on you Spotify. Our company may not be a multi billion dollar company but we definitely respect and listen to our customers.

Go get 'em Mari!

I have a similar Issue tho. I tried to copy all my liked songs into a new playlist to use 3rd Party Apps with it but I cant. This seems like a rather easy fix but they don't seem to care since this has been requested for like 3 years. 

Thank you ❤️

I've managed to get around this with the current version. 

It requires two things:

A mouse with a scroll wheel
Dexterity
I managed to add 2-3k songs at a time. You could probably do the whole thing but I didn't want to test it.

So basically, select a song and using your scroll wheel (don't drag the scrollbar down or use arrows), scroll up or down until you reach a point and then shift + click. You can then drag your songs over to your new playlist.

Looking at this, I would imagine it's due to how spotify loads tracks in your list. It only loads tracks as it sees 'em, which would explain why skipping to the end using the scrollbar only selects a handful. 

By using the scrollwheel on your mouse, you're loading each song as you scroll so when you select the end of the list, it's selecting everything its loaded.

Of course i could be talking complete tosh, but as a programmer myself it kind of makes sense.

Hope this helps someone 🙂 

With Musconvtool, you can easily create a playlist for your favorite songs. 

Suggested posts