Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accessing "Your Daily Mix" through Alexa.

Solved!

Accessing "Your Daily Mix" through Alexa.

I recently got the Amazon Tap device, and I linked my Spotify account to be the music default whenever I ask,"Alexa, play [band/playlist/etc]." However, when I ask Alexa to play "Your Daily Mix," or "Daily Mix," or whatever, she can't do it. Anyone else having this problem? I love "Your Daily Mix," but would love to access it through the Tap without having to use my phone to direct Alexa. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As a workaround I saved the daily mix as a playlist and named it daily mix 1. Did it for a few daily mixes and works well enough for now.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Same here, really thought the voice command should be able to trigger any playlist but there seem to be something special about these Daily Mix-lists.

Same here 😞

Same here.

Marked as solution

As a workaround I saved the daily mix as a playlist and named it daily mix 1. Did it for a few daily mixes and works well enough for now.

this isn't a solution, it's a manual kludge.

Spotify ... can you please address this?

I think the problem isn't Alexa but more that accessing your Daily Mix via Spotify's API doesn't appear to be possible. If it was included into the API, it would straight forward to hook it up but it looks to me to be down to Spotifyto open up it's API a little more.. and I hope it does soon!

Maybe its the Spotify API, maybe not.

I got a new Pixel 2 and it can play Spotify daily mixes based on voice command through Google Assistant.

So - i thought it was an API thing - i have a bunch of iOS devices, pretty much all of the Alexa devices and one Google Home (small one) - the daily mix opens fine with "Hey Google, play daily mix 1 on Spotify"...  😕

So it looks like an Amazon Skill thing...

I really wish this was an option built in to Alexa. I would also love to start Spotify radio stations through Alexa. 

Suggested posts