Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Hacked

Account Hacked

I think I have tweeted and emailed a million times about my account being hacked and I am not getting any help. Emailing doesn't do any good since it goes to the hacker's email. My account has been hacked. The person has changed the email address and the password in there. Now I can't get in there at all. I am so ticked off right off. I tweeted Customer Care yesterday and they said they would take care of it, but I haven't heard anything from them for over 17 hours now. My username is speedy1239.  Any help would be appreciated. And if are going to email me about this, my email address is esloss@tampabay.rr.com. It's not the darn frickin Kenny Loggins email that is in there right now.

10 Replies

I think it's been a day and a half now and still no progress. This sucks. So I am basically paying someone else to take advantage of my account. I gather I am going to have dispute charges pretty soon. That's pretty sad since I really like Spotify, but their customer service is horrible.

Thank goodness i am not alone in thinking this. The exact same thing is happening to me. Sent sooo many tweets and emails and all ignored. 

Their support sucks. 

I've been waiting about 24hrs. 

I hear you. Just a waiting game now. Good luck with your issue. Hopefully we can both get it resoloved soon. But I am starting to have my doubts.

This has just happened to me and I'm **bleep**ing pissed. I've never had a problem before and suddenly my email address has been changed (I have no idea how this was done) and all of my playlists have been deleted. Has Spotify been hacked???

I have no clue. I didn't really pay attention at first when it said there was another computer on my account. Thought that was strange. Then I noticed all these groups and artist that I never play on my recently played list. It was too late by then. They had changed the email address and password. I thought I could exit the program and then get back in. Well that probably wasn't a good idea since I now can't get in at all. I don't know what's going on. But I am very ticked.

I'm just scared I'm never going to get my account or my playlists back. Why is there not two-step verification in place??? Everyone uses it now and it does offer added protection. Why does Spotify not have livechat so we can rectify this issue quickly rather than watchign and waiting as some arsehole plays merry hell with my year's worth of playlists.

I pay for this service and expect better treatment than 'hey someone's just ripped your music to shreds'.

/grumble

I am absolutly disappointed in Spotify. I just keep posting on here so enough people see we are being ignored. 

Also tweet them at spotifycares so people see how this is absolute crap. 

I was supposed to get an email from Spotify to my correct email address. That was 20 hours ago and still no email. I am starting to think that they don't care.

I emailed support@spotify.com. and got this resolved. That is the way to go. Don't email from here. Just email from your regular email account. They ask for your earliest receipt. My playlists are all deleted, so that is disappointing. But I have my account back, so that is good. So that is what I suggest to anyone out there having issues. Don't mess around with twitter. Just email them through your email account outside of this and they should get it taken care of.

Hello @speedy1239@alexryangomes@lesleysmith_1

Due to the nature of this problem you can contact Spotify Support on this Contact Form Here.

This is a special contact form that allows you to select the email to which Spotify Support will reply too 🙂

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and i will escalate the issue for you 🙂

I hope this helped solve your issue 🙂

Suggested posts