Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account Security Concerns

Account Security Concerns

Somebody was using my spotify account using the web player, during the incident I was NOT able to disconnect this user similarly on how I would disconnect any other connected device.

- The web Player was not under "Offline Devices"

- I ONLY knew about this user because they were still changing my songs while listening. I also noticed the activity in the "Recently Played" list in my library.

- The "Sign out everywhere" didn't disconected the user.

I was able to solve this problem after resetting my password.

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/recover-your-account/

Here are my questions:

1- How is that the reset password is NOT an option under my account settings?

2- How do we see ONLINE devices and manage them?

3- When using only another social media authentication method, what password is assigned to the Spotify account? I think this is how they got access to the account

4- I would like to see my account's connection/login logs to track, how can we do this?

5- Is there any email notification option for newley connected device?

Thank you.

1 Reply

Hey @Diffiehellman.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're happy to hear that you managed to secure your account. If this ever happens again, be sure to follow the steps from this page. Spotify will gladly fix it for you and revert your account to an earlier state.

We'll try to answer your questions as good as we can:

1. You can reset your password on your account page here.
  2. You can only see a list of Offline devices here. This won't show a Webplayer however.
  3. If you connected your Facebook to Spotify, you'll have two ways of logging in. Using your Facebook profile and by using a regular Spotify password.
  4. According to GDPR regulation you can request any information from you we have from you here.
  5. All possible e-mail notifications can be seen here.

If there is anything you'd like to see implemented into Spotify. Feel free to create an idea in the Ideas Exchange. If you'd like some tips on how to protect your account, take a look here.

Let us know if you have further questions. We'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts