Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Spotify Radio to SONOS, please!

Solved!

Add Spotify Radio to SONOS, please!

Spotify, please provide SONOS with the ability to support Spotify Radio. 

From the SONOS community:

John M, an employee of Sonos, replied to Add Spotify radios to Sonos !!!, an idea about Sonos.

Thank you everyone for the responses and feedback. Please let me assure you that this item is still under consideration by Sonos and that we are committed to providing a world-class Spotify experience on Sonos.

Spotify Radio was originally introduced as a Spotify App on the desktop Spotify client before being made available to the mobile app versions. Spotify Apps are small applications written within the Spotify platform and are not made available to third-party platforms like Sonos at this time. Spotify does not yet provide us with the ability to support Spotify Radio. We understand that this is a top feature request from the Sonos-Spotify community and are in discussions with Spotify on possible future implementation.

If you feel strongly about the Spotify Radio feature on Sonos, be sure to add your comments to the Spotify community, in addition to this topic here. Like Sonos, Spotify is a company that greatly values the opinions and feedback of their user community. 

177 Replies

I'm in my month's free trral of Spotify Premium, and I assumed Radio would be included in Sonos.  Hugely surprised and disappointed that it isn't.  I doubt I'll pay for it when the month ends.

I just upgraded my account to premium, so i can use spotify with Sonos. I just found out that spotify radio isnt working with sonos, for this reason I will downgrade my account again and search for an other streaming service. Please fix this!

All I want for XMAS is to have the Spotify radio app on my Sonos.
Presently deciding whether to go with one of the other providers instead so we can get this type of radio functionality.

That would make my Spotify subscription redundant.  
Come on Spotify. Its been nearly a year that this has been requested!!

Dear Spotify, please please work with Sonos to enable them to add Spotify Radio to the Sonos app.  Without Spotify Radio, it is not worth me paying for Spotify Premium for use with my sonos system.

Hope you can help,

Ingrid

Spotify… Your customers are speaking.  If you don’t listen we will go away.

I just purchased a Sonos music system for the house and thought Spotify Premium would be my music source.   After 2 days of playing with the setup I see there are multiple limitations with streaming music.  This was the sole reason I purchased the Premium package.  I will experiment for another week or so and then cancel my subscription.

Sincerely,

A potential long term paying customer    

The main speakers in my house are Sonos.  I love Spotify but if I can't listen to it on my speakers then Spotify doesn't work for me.

I am using the Sonos system and was surprised to learn that the Sonos app does not support Spotify radio. I use Spotify radio to discover new music, which I do on most days. Would you consider making the API available to Sonos for their inclusion within their app.
Thanks,
John

Come on Spotify - here's two interesting facts you guys may want to consider:

1. The lack of spotify radio in sonos has forced me to discover Pandora - and I like it. (I would never have explored this competitor if Spotify radio was sorted...).

2. My first thought on seeing this thread is; I wonder if I need to change music provider...

Interesting how this thread can keep being at the top of the forum, and still recieve absolutely no response from Spotify... Makes you wonder how much they care about their customers....

Hey there.

I'm very sorry that there is no radio on Sonos.

I can't find any news when or if radio will come to Sonos, I'm sorry!

Please add spotify radio

Please add spotify to Sonos.

Please get Spotify's Radio functionality added to Sonos. Otherwise will go to Last.FM permanently!

Yes......This sure would be a Nice reason to keep Spotify and not go with Deezer instead....

This would would make the big diffrence for me in order to recomend sonos to my friends and family

We've waited long enough for this feature !

Please Spotify add radio for Sonos !

Only reason for the Premium spotify Account was to be able to Hear the Great spotify Radio via sonos at home. Now i'm Testing and there is no function for it...yeah!:(

Will delete the Account Till You have done your homework...sorry.

If you had of done your homework you would have known there was no radio function for Spotify on Sonos. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I do really enjoy your service, but need to add the radio option on Sonos. If not added switch to Deezer o Slacker! Come on guys this is a win win situation for both companies.

Suggested posts