Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding Spotify to Sonos

Solved!

Adding Spotify to Sonos

I am having same issue with adding Spotify to my Sonos. I did receive an email when I signed up for premium service with a 10 digit username I'd. However no password. I too was automatically signed in using Facebook info. When I try to request or retrieve a password to log in on Sonos I get caught in a loop with no way to request one. This seems to be an issue for many on this forum. Please let me know the quickest way to obtain a password. The reason I subscribed is to add Spotify to Sonos. Help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Snick226 - Welcome to the Community! As you said, you will be unable to log into your Sonos with your Facebook details. You'd have to use that 10-digit username, and set up a password from here: http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password/

Once you've requested a password, please allow up to 48 hours for it to come through. If it hasn't come through after this, please get back to me. We'll then try and get it sorted.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Sam! It's working now! The set device password link finally showed up when I received the email, Once I received that, the rest was simple. Thank you for being so thoughtful and prompt in helping! I do appreciate it! Linda

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Snick226 - Welcome to the Community! As you said, you will be unable to log into your Sonos with your Facebook details. You'd have to use that 10-digit username, and set up a password from here: http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password/

Once you've requested a password, please allow up to 48 hours for it to come through. If it hasn't come through after this, please get back to me. We'll then try and get it sorted.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks for your quick reply Sam!

Sam, 

When I go do that link you posted it gives me options to sign in. I can sign into spotify. I can not however find where to go to request a password so i can use that for Sonos. Spotify is not recognizing me. The link is very unclear how to reset the password and make it apply to Sonos. So far I have my sign in with facebook and my password with facebook. I did change my password as one of the suggestions  said to. Still doesnt work. Can you or someone give me very specific directions how to reset the password for Sonos and not just a link that puts me in a loop. Sorry to be a pain here but the technician is coming in a couple of days to tweak some other things and i need my password and user info so he can help me finish setting up everything to my system . THANKS! 

a very frustrated user at this point! 

Snick226 - I've just created an account through Facebook to test this. Ok, could you log into the website above (in the top right corner) with your Facebook details.

Could you then head to: http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password/

You'll then get a page saying 'Set a password for your devices'. If you click on 'Send e-mail to set password', you'll get an email through with instructions on how to set it up.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?
Marked as solution

Sam! It's working now! The set device password link finally showed up when I received the email, Once I received that, the rest was simple. Thank you for being so thoughtful and prompt in helping! I do appreciate it! Linda

i keep trying to get Sonos and Spotify together and keep getting this message:

Your device username is: 1225866407

An email featuring your device username and a link to set your password has been sent to mreznik@maidenform.com. NOTHING HAS COME THROUGH MY EMAIL

same issue. i can not set a password with my facebook account.

Hey @patriot81 ! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to get one of those emails out to you manually. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts