Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding local file problem

Solved!

Adding local file problem

I'm trying to add a local file to spotify and clearly it's not working. I have many local files added already. The mp3 file is 77MB compared to 10MB or so. This is the only diffrence between the other mp3 files. Is there a File size cap? All the songs are from the same disc/album.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Could be that the other version was corrupted or in a format not supported by spotify. The free app Mediainfo might give some clue.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

What device and operating system version are you using? There isn't a file size limit but how much free storage space do you have? There's also a limit of 3,333 ofline files per device - is it possible you've hit that?

I have 20.5GB free Space and i don't have over 3000 offilne files. Windows 7 SP1(OS) 11'' MacBook Air and Spotify Version 0.9.7. 

Is this in the desktop client? If so, can you drag the file from your file manager and drop it onto a playlist? Do you get any error messages?

I tried draging and droping aloing with putting the file in it's own folder and adding that folder to the local file sorce and neither work. I do not get any error messages. When i drag and drop, the file doesnt apear but it does allow me to drop it.(Doesn't give me a "No Symbol) 

I just downloaded another versoin of MP3 file off the webs and that one worked so if you really wan't to dig into it let me know.

Also the new file wasn't 77MB. Sounded the same so w/e.

I tried draging and droping aloing with putting the file in it's own folder and adding that folder to the local file sorce and neither work. I do not get any error messages. When i drag and drop, the file doesnt apear but it does allow me to drop it.(Doesn't give me a "No Symbol) 

I just downloaded another versoin of MP3 file off the webs and that one worked so if you really wan't to dig into it let me know.

Also the new file wasn't 77MB. Sounded the same so w/e.

Marked as solution

Could be that the other version was corrupted or in a format not supported by spotify. The free app Mediainfo might give some clue.

I can play with Media play/affter effects and it was an MP3 file. Thanks for the help though, hope no one else has this problem.

Just seems awfully large for an mp3 - either it was 30 minutes long or used an impossible bitrate, Anyway, enjoy your music 🙂

Suggested posts