Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding local files to the "cloud" (to get them available on streaming everywhere)

Solved!

Adding local files to the "cloud" (to get them available on streaming everywhere)

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

(iPhone 6s)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hi Everybody! How are you? Hope you're doing well..  I've a Quick question, it's about adding local files to Spotify (your own music, music that is not on Spotify catalog)

I found this, that explains how to do it): https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/listen-to-local-files/

But.. as i Understand (correct me if I’m wrong) this only allows you to play your local files from the computer Spotify player (Not rocket science.. it's basically the same than playing it from any other windows player) and/or sync them to you mobile device, but as a local copy in your device.. Am i wrong? 

If I am Correct, is there any possibility to add those files to my account in the way that I can play those songs from any device anywhere in the world just logging-in my account?? (I mean, as if if the song become available in Spotify but just from my account - as I understand that for copyright potential issues it won't be available for everybody which is logic-)

I want to do this to, for example, imagine I’m in a Friend house, or somewhere in the world, I don’t have my phone, but I want to play some music that’s not in Spotify, then I can log-in my account and all my local files would be there..

If none of this is possible.. Where can I suggest a song to be available??

Spotify is missing this masterpiece of a really good Argentinian Band From the 80´ 😛 hehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrCainjUd1A

(they’ve almost all discography of this band, but not this song particularly.. and it’s one of the greatest!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Markos90s.

Right now, you can only sync your local files to up to 3 mobile devices following the steps on the link you posted. Sadly, there isn't a way to store your local files in a cloud to have them available on any device you use your Spotify account with.

About requesting content to be on Spotify, you can try messaging the artist or rights owner to let them know you'd like to have their music on Spotify.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Markos90s.

Right now, you can only sync your local files to up to 3 mobile devices following the steps on the link you posted. Sadly, there isn't a way to store your local files in a cloud to have them available on any device you use your Spotify account with.

About requesting content to be on Spotify, you can try messaging the artist or rights owner to let them know you'd like to have their music on Spotify.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Thanks a lot for the info.

About contacting the band or rigth owner.. the band is dead.. and i've no clue how is the rigths owner xD, is there any way to know it?

Suggested posts