Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding songs to a playlist current playing on wd live from another device leads to the wd crashing

Adding songs to a playlist current playing on wd live from another device leads to the wd crashing

I find it very inconventient to manage my playlists and such directly on the wd player, so I thought I could make a "temporary" playlist that I started playing on the wd, while  adding songs on the go from my laptop.  (Like when I host a party and people could add songs from my laptop/tablet/other and they would end up in the playlist that's currently playing on my wd, like a queue)

It all seems to be  working, the playlist is visibly updated almost instantaneously to the wd player, but as soon as the current song is   finished playing, the wd live crashes and reboots. Realy annyoing, Doesn't  even matter if it's the next song that was recently  added or if it's further down the playlist.

'

Did anyone try this, or are willing to test if it happens to you as well?

First time  I tried this today, so I wouldn't know if it happened with earlier  firmwares, but I currently ise 1.14.09

• WD
2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I only wish I had one of these devices to test this out for you!

I would suggest that you also get in touch with WD themselves, since if the WD application is anything like Sonos, then the application is not actually written by Spotify, but by the hardware partner just implementing the Spotify APIs.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks, will try that then!

Suggested posts