Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adjusting volume on Sonos speaker with spotify causes now playing info to disappear.

Adjusting volume on Sonos speaker with spotify causes now playing info to disappear.

I have been using my Spotify to control my sonos speakers wihout any problems for a while. The other day all of the sudden it started having issues. Whenever I adjust the volume from the lock screen or the app the now playing info vanishes. It stays gone usually until the next song starts. I can continue to adjust the volume but cant skip song, pause FF or Rewind. This issue occurs on my iphone 8 and my pc. I have removed spoify from sonos and re-added it, reinstalled sonons, reinstalled Spotify, reset router. Pretty much out of troubleshooting ideas. 

4 Replies

I have the same problem (on iOS on both iPad and iPhone), and I’ve also tried any troubleshooting ideas I could think of (deleting & re-installing Spotify, restarting my phone, etc). I have the latest versions installed of both Spotify and the Sonos app, and this problem started happening yesterday or the day before yesterday.

This makes the Spotify app almost unusable for me, so I hope it gets fixed soon.

Yeah it has definitely made it a little frustrating to use. Started about 2 days ago for me. But there were no updates for either sonos or spotify. So not sure how it just all of the sudden started happening when no changes have been made. Worked it the morning, got home from work and it wasnt working anymore. 

And just as suddenly as it came, it left again, too. 

Started working again for me yesterday. Still working today, didn’t do anything to fix it. Hoping it stays working. 

Suggested posts