Ads on joe rogan with premium account

Ads on joe rogan with premium account

DaveShmoe
Visitor

Why are there ads at the beginning of the Joe Rogan experience. I have a premium account. They weren’t there before. 

Peter

Hey folks!

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. We'll be happy to explain a bit more about this.

Spotify doesn’t play or include ads that interrupt the listening experience of Premium subscribers. However, some podcast creators may include third-party advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages in their episodes.

Spotify gives the podcast hosts the option to choose if they would like to have a dynamic ad slot in their podcast, but that isn't something Spotify can control - it's up to the individual podcast owners if they choose to have that type of ad in their content.

We hope this sheds some light on this. If you need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

166 Replies

Funkstication
Regular

There's objectively a huge difference between content creators' sponsorship messages and interspersed, targeted ads. Spotify trying to pass the buck to podcasters just because they've given them a button to click is obviously not going to wash. 

Spotify is annoying a lot of paying customers with this. https://twitter.com/search?q=spotify%20premium%20podcast%20ads

This is just an outright lie: "that isn't something Spotify can control"

Regular

I cancelled my subscription first thing. False advertising by Spotify (pin intended)

DalePMay
Regular

I suggest that everyone start spamming Spotify as much as physically possible. I have a macro in MS Outlook that is sending them hundreds of emails per day, and will continue doing so until they fix this.

So apparently Spotify won't let me type their email addresses in posts. 'breakup', 'office', 'support', all at sp0t1fy . com. By the way, if there is any chance of a real person employed by Spotify reading this, you can go F yourself.

DalePMay
Regular

I suggest that everyone start spamming Spotify as much as physically possible. I have a macro in MS Outlook that is sending them hundreds of emails per day, and will continue doing so until they fix this.

So apparently Spotify won't let me type their email addresses in posts. 'breakup', 'office', 'support', all at sp0t1fy . com. By the way, if there is any chance of a real person employed by Spotify reading this, you can go F yourself.

Regular

You have advertised in Australia that there will be no ads played with a premium account. You are in breach of this and Australian consumer law with false advertising. This is wrong for advertising and flat out lie and your excuse is that Joe wants to put the ads in yet it is your company that I am paying. Say hello to the Australian Consumer and competition Watchdog.

kantorjohn

Looking for a solution to remove the "Joe Rogan podcasts" row off my Spotify homepage. Its inbetween other curated sections. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 1.55.14 PM.png

illya
Music Fan

Light was not shed.

As many have stated, the ads are not the usual ads the podcaster reads during the show. 

The Spotify app even treats them differently, and will display that it has changed tracks to an ad, that has noticeably different recording qualities and will feature actors and products that have never been featured in any of the podcast eps before.

Are you trying to gaslight us? I don't think we're crazy, I think this seems much more like the ads I used to get before I upgraded to Premium. 

I was shocked when I first heard one. I thought there was some sort of bug that had downgraded me to free for some reason, or that my payment hadn't gone through. But it had. 

Spotify maybe realized this loophole so they're trying to conquer the podcast industry. It sure is scummy, it seems potentially like something they should be in trouble for. I hope to see some sort of lawsuit. I'd hate for this to become common practice.

Everything is just becoming an ad.

jackdale3
Regular

Legit same here. Really disappointed by this greedy move. Considering a switch won't lie.

effective
Visitor

False advertising: Spotify telling its customers they'll get an ad-free experience once subscribed to Premium. What am I paying you £180 a year for?

Let me break it to you: I'm paying for an ad-free experience you promised.

If this is actually down to the artist, as Spotify claims, then Joe Rogan shouldn't put ads in the middle of his episodes, either - but from what I understand, this now happens with many other podcasts on Spotify (all of them?).

It's either ad-free or it isn't. Right now it isn't.

In other words, Spotify charges you for the service which then it doesn't deliver.

Also, the apps for Mac and iPhone keep crashing on a daily basis, often numerous times a day, and the interface for podcasts is AWFUL (light years away from Apple Podcasts, for example).

miikaa_
Casual Listener
This s*it is unacceptable. I pay for not having ads on your platform. Get rid of them. This is ridiculous 😄

Creezus

This is some bs cash grab from Spotify. I’ve always been a vocal Spotify advocate, this is the first slip up. If it’s not rectified I can no longer support Spotify 🤦🏽‍♂️

dmikee86
Seems like it. Disappointing.

IseeYou11
Casual Listener
SPOTIFY PLEASE STOP THIS!!!

daggadubb
Casual Listener

Don't force commercials to play on premium accounts it's ridiculous and unsafe for those of us trying to enjoy podcasts like Joe Rogan experience while driving. Corporate bullshiii. I don't support and it's caused my no longer listening to something that used to be my favorite. Also make playback speed break out into increments of 0.25 x. 

scrubzac1
Music Fan

mobilehigh
Casual Listener

Hello,

I am a paying customer with a premium account and i am getting ads that interrupt my listening experience. Why is this happening?

kkddpp
Music Fan

5 months after switching to Spotify for podcasts, still ads, still issues with Siri, navigation during podcasts etc , to add onto the long list of literally dangerous things Spotify podcasts is doing, now after the ads play Spotify stops tracking the place of where a podcast was , let’s say an ad comes on, current place disappears, if I listen to an hour after the ad and press back to go back a few seconds, the app goes back to when the ad started, forcing me to not only lose my place but start the ad over again. Not only am I losing my place and forced to listen to an ad I should never be getting , again, but the progress bar actually disappears and I’m forced to close the app and reopen it and find my place. It’s unreal. 

Darthjoe
Visitor

The “weird” thing is their were no adds until joe was exclusively on Spotify (no more you tube)

funny how that works...

Melvin_morrow
Visitor

It’s obvious to me the only way to send a clear message is to cancel my subscription. I hope others read this as food for thought. Quit paying for companies to push you around. 

FinnMcCool
Visitor
I just heard my first commercial while listening to The Joe Rogan Experience today. As soon as I got home, I cancelled my family's premium plan over this. I was debating cancelling it anyway, I personally don't use Spotify as much, but the one thing I could look forward to was no commercials. There's no way in **bleep** I'm going to pay for a service that still gives me commercials. May as well get Joe's ads instead of the Draft Kings BS that came on today. I recall that's what it was so that I could steer clear of that as well. Who knows where the fault lies, but the end result is a long-time family plan being cancelled.
I filled out the survey detailing why I cancelled. Hopefully someone at Spotify reads it and can remedy it for others. It stinks this is the only way to listen to JRE but, I may as well hear Joe's voice instead with stuff he wants to advertise.
SUGGESTED POSTS