Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Aether cone doesn't work anymore!

Aether cone doesn't work anymore!

I have an aether cone which always used to work via Spotify connect until a few weeks/months back. Nothing has changed in my setup and I have tried factory resetting and manually setting up the device but nothing seems to help.

The aether cone works fine via Bluetooth but WiFi Spotify connect doesn't work at all (i.e. device doesn't even show up on Spotify) on my android phone, iPhone, windows pc or MacBook Pro. 

Fix this please someone!

6 Replies

So I pay for family premium every month and Spotify can't even be bothered to acknowledge the 1 issue that I've raised in all my time as a paying customer? Maybe I should go to Amazon...

I had this issue too but for somehow it all fixed itself now.

This morning I noticed my aether comes showed up again in the Spotify app !!!!!!!!! 

please Spotify don’t break it again!!! Thank you

1123BF3E-6BD2-45EC-AB58-F3E56E58CB70.png

Lucky you! Still no joy here, I've just tried again hoping you were right but nothings changed for me 😞

And still no acknowledgement from Spotify even though there must be lots of us with this problem (or who have had it and now it's miraculously fixed!) 

Still having this issue on Android and PC. Would just appreciate an understanding of what version this may work on as I dont mind rolling back

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out.

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. If you're still experiencing issues with Spotify Connect on your Aether Cone, we recommend that you check for any firmware updates, available for your device. If that doesn't fix things, you can perform a factory reset to remove any possible corrupted files that might be causing Connectivity issues.

Keep in mind that whether a certain device supports Connect can change over time. You can find an up to date list of all devices that do here. If your speaker isn't listed, you can try another connection method, such as Bluetooth for example.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts