Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Airport Express Still Not In Spotify Devices Menu

Airport Express Still Not In Spotify Devices Menu

I updated to the latest Spotify iOS app which claimed to fix this issue: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Airport-Express-Not-In-Spotify-Devices-Menu/idi-p/15...

Several weeks ago it was working fine. My Airport Express no longer shows up in Available Devices on my iPhone 6 Spotify app. I have deleted and re-installed the Spotify iPhone app and restarted the iPhone6. My iPhone 6 is not in Low Power Mode. When I goto the iOS Spotify, Settings, Devices Menu, all it shows is: LISTENING ON This iPhone. If I turn on my Marantz receiver, then it (Marantz SR6009) shows up as a Spotify Connect device.

iPhone6: iOS 10.2.1

iOS Spotify App: 7.4.0.1643

Airport Express version: 7.6.8

32 Replies

Thanks for the information.

Can you guys give it a try from a different Spotify account and see if the same thing happens?

Let us know how it goes.

A.J Nelson

I don't have that ability. 

A different account. Okay. More time wasted. No. It doesn't work. Why on earth should it? It's a problem between Mac Sierra OS and Spotify, which has still not been sorted.

Why I am so hacked off is that Spotify used to just work. iTunes used to just work.

Now both are asking me to pay £9.99 a month for something that doesn't work as it should. Is it more secure? No. Can music still be easily taken from either app? Yes. Where is the promised improvement? Nowhere to be seen.

All that either app does is make legitimate musicians like me, a pro songwriter and session keyboard/guitarist, very frustrated at their workflow being constantly interrupted by what is advertised as being easy and supportive.

No worries! If you cannot log in from a different account, can you send us a video where we can see what's happening?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

A.J Nelson

Hey @iankellett!

Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it was possible to choose an AirPlay device from within the Spotify app. However, you can click the sound icon in the menu bar and select your speaker over there. Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 01.13.50.png

Let me know how it goes.

Keep rocking!

/H

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You could. Now you can’t.

We understand, @iankellett.

If you could send us a screenshot of how the steps suggested by @Hubo looks like from your devices, that would be super helpful.

Also, if you could send the video @AndyJoel suggested, it could help us to keep investigating this.

Keep us posted. 

Sure. Then when I've done that you want me to clean the bathroom?
I have things to do and people to see. It's your problem, you sort it. I don't care because I won't be using Spotify any more.

We understand how you must feel, @iankellett.

The main reason we're asking for this info, is so we can try to replicate this from our end. We'd like to gather much information as possible about this before we report it with the right folks. 

If you change your mind, we'll be just a post away.

I have the same problem for months can not find my airport express only when i connect to my bluetooth speaker then he will find it.
Help

Hey @Neilz10! Thanks for your report.

I'd love to get to the bottom of this. Could you let me know what device, OS and Spotify versions you're using? Also, does a reinstall of the Spotify app help? Let me know! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Cannot get airport express to work with spotify on macbook - airport express does not show up in the device options in spotify. In devices avilable, I see 1) Listening on: This computer  and 2) My computer: spotify connect.  Listening on: THis computer work through my computer speakers. Clicking Spotify connect does not show airport express.

Using macbook air high sierra 10.13.2 OS and airport express, I can stream itunes to my airport express and stereo receiver. THere is no longer an airplay icon on the computer header or when using option key and clicking on the speaker/wifi icon in the computer header. Itunes airport connect is now in the itunes app.

I can also stream spotify from my iphone to my airport express. I turned off wifi and restarted - no luck

I just deleted and reloaded the most recent spotify version - no luck.

Suggestions?

Found that the speaker/sound icon dropped off with upgrade and can be turned back on under Sounds Preferences, then option click on speakers works to stream Spotify. Fixed!  

Suggested posts