Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album art and playlist info missing when casting to chromecast

Solved!

Album art and playlist info missing when casting to chromecast

I've been using the Chromecast to to play music too, but in the last day or so, when info it, I only get a Spotify logo come up. The music all plays but I can no longer see the playlist info and the album art / song / artist information. I've had a few other people connect to the same Chromecast and it does the same. I also get the same result from another Chromecast. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Looks to be working again now 🙂

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hi 

I have the same problem, have updated spotify updated my google home and my chromecasts. 

I have tried it using google and my iphone andon a different wifi

Still not working

Me too. Tried everything I can think of to fix. Must be dodgy Google or Spotify app update. Hopefully a solution is in the pipeline.

me too - tried usual restarts, wifi, devices etc (pixel2 and iphone) but no joy.... just black screen and white logo on TV 😞

Same here.  Casting from iPad and PC to Google Home Hubs and Chromecast. Last couple of days. I noticed old threads about this issue, so it has happened before.

Another Spotify enhancement. Every time there is a new release something stops working. So annoying

Also getting the same issue, have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify, rebooted the Chromecast all to no avail. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

@koopa79 wrote:

I've been using the Chromecast to to play music too, but in the last day or so, when info it, I only get a Spotify logo come up. The music all plays but I can no longer see the playlist info and the album art / song / artist information. I've had a few other people connect to the same Chromecast and it does the same. I also get the same result from another Chromecast. Any ideas?

aye , same here an iphone a lenovo and a huawei all with the same result.

Hi,

Same here in France. Just the Logo on screen, and don't plat at all try.

Same for me in France too, just the Logo on screen.

Reproduced on external chromecast AND internal chromecast on my TV.

Good luck to fix that. 🙂

Google Hardware Support posted a response to this known issue in a Reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/comments/co8ocy/spotify_not_displaying_album_cover_on_tv/

Marked as solution

Looks to be working again now 🙂

I'll have to try and see

Suggested posts