Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album art missing on Chromecast

Solved!

Album art missing on Chromecast

When I cast to Chromecast the Spotify logo shows up, but I am no longer seeing the album art or any of the other "controls" that usually shows up on the TV. It just stays on the Spotify logo. Music plays, but no artwork.

Others have reported a similar issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/comments/4cpf5p/spotify_on_chromecast_i_have_audio_without_image...

I have tried to restart the device. Both on my phone and the Chromecast itself.

I am using an iPhone 6S. The issue started sometime around wedensday.

IMG_0367.JPG

(Dat rotation tho...)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's fixed at my place now 🙂 Haven't got any updates on Spotify or Chromecast app on my iPhone, so it has to be the chromecast device that is updated and have been the problem.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Also works on my chromecast now.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Same problem here. Using Android. Started last week.

I have the same issues, and using iPhone 6S Plus.

I think this started after the Chromecast app was updated at my iPhone, but maybe this just is an coincident and not the reason for this issues.

The Spotify app is also updated, so maybe the issues is there?

Same here, android.

Same here. Tried different ChromeCast devices and several differen castin devices (S6, S3, Lanovo Tab, PC, ChromeBook +++)

Major drawback.

Here too. Thought it was me switching to iOS from android that caused it, but I think this is just related to a software update. I tried using my old Xperia z3; same story.

Answer from Spotify customer support:

Thanks for getting in touch about this. We understand that you're having issues with Chromecast. Don't worry, we're here to help you.

Our technical team is aware of the Chromecast music plays but only the Spotify logo shows on the TV and currently working on a fix. This is a priority for us, so hopefully it shouldn’t be long before you’re back up and running.

We’ll let you know once this is all sorted out. Thanks for your patience.

Meanwhile, if you need any further help, or have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to come back to us. We’re always happy to help.

All the best,

Santiago

Spotify Customer Support

Resetting Chromecast did not work either

I got the same issue. Have been like this for months now.

My plasma tv has that spotify logo burned in now. 😞

Both chromecast and Spotify app is updated several times for iPhone since this issue, but still no fix!:(

Marked as solution

It's fixed at my place now 🙂 Haven't got any updates on Spotify or Chromecast app on my iPhone, so it has to be the chromecast device that is updated and have been the problem.
Marked as solution

Also works on my chromecast now.

This started happening sometime this month (I don't use Spotify on Chromecast that often): used to have lyrics / behind Genius content, now just the logo in the black background 😞

Maybe another Chromecast update broke it? Tried rebooting to see if there was any pending update to fix, no dice.

Ok, apparently I'm not the only one in Aug 2019, and Spotify Google is aware:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/comments/co8ocy/spotify_not_displaying_album_cover_on_tv/

Suggested posts