Plan

Free

Devices

(Huawei Mate 20 Lite, Samsung)

Operating System

(Android)

Hi!

The album cover art for some of my music is not showing on Instagram stories

I've tried posting my music on Instagram stories their "music" sticker function, but recently the cover art to some my songs is missing.

I've linked my Instagram account to my Spotify Artists profile and also tried friends' phones as well with no luck, it just appears greyed out where the album art should be. 

Please help!

Screenshot_20210528_195132.jpg
Screenshot_20210528_195047_com.instagram.android.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jpospina,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for that info.

We can confirm that those songs appear with their correct album cover in Spotify. Since this is happening through the Music feature in Instagram and not directly with Spotify (like when sharing a song from Spotify on Instagram stories), it might be that Instagram is trying to resolve the album cover from another service. In this case, we suggest reaching out to Instagram or the platform you used to upload your music to Instagram Music so they can further assist you with this.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we'll be right here.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @jpospina,

Thanks for writing about this here in the Community.

Just to double-check, did you make sure all your cover arts meet these criteria? Is there a chance those you're having trouble posting don't? 

It'd also be great if you'd share a screenshot of what the greyed out covers look like when you post them as stories. It'll help us assess what's happening in greater detail.

Have you also already tried reinstalling the app? And to clarify, when you said you tried this on a friend's phone, you mean you tried posting with their phone or checked your story/cover art through their Instagram?

Keep us posted!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mario, thanks for your help!

The cover arts meet all criteria, they're distributed by CD Baby and have passed their filter, and are available everywhere on Spotify and online.

When I said I tried this on a friend's phone, I mean I tried posting with their phone on their Instagram Stories. The same 3 album cover arts were missing.

I reinstalled the app with no luck. I'm attaching screenshots from my own and my friend's phones to show you what it looks like when I try to post to Stories.

Captura de pantalla 2021-05-30 a la(s) 10.47.59 a. m..png
Captura de pantalla 2021-05-30 a la(s) 10.48.07 a. m..png
Captura de pantalla 2021-05-30 a la(s) 10.48.46 a. m..png
Marked as solution

Hey @jpospina,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for that info.

We can confirm that those songs appear with their correct album cover in Spotify. Since this is happening through the Music feature in Instagram and not directly with Spotify (like when sharing a song from Spotify on Instagram stories), it might be that Instagram is trying to resolve the album cover from another service. In this case, we suggest reaching out to Instagram or the platform you used to upload your music to Instagram Music so they can further assist you with this.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we'll be right here.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Thanks!

Hi @jpospina,

You're welcome!

We're always a post away for whenever your need us.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Hey @marymitch,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

It's a good idea to give the steps @Mario mentioned a go to see if that changes anything.

Does this happen when you try sharing a song from Spotify on Instagram stories or thorough the Music feature in Instagram? In case this occurs when you're using the Music feature in Instagram, we'd suggest you contact Instagram. The folks there can give you more information regarding this.

Keep us posted. The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts