Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album not available anymore

Solved!

Album not available anymore

The album »Interloper« by Carbon Based Lifeforms (spotify:album:5anF4io0pNKe7CowKWYfJk), one of my favourite albums of that band, is suddenly no longer playable via my Spotify. The tracks appear all in grey, and it says »This track is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.« – However, these tracks still get mixed in certain radio stations, but they won't be played. Instead, the radio just stops until I skip a track.

I have several questions now! Maybe someobody is going to answer them.

1) Why is this album suddenly gone? Where can I find more information about this? Is this a regional restriction (I'm in Germany)?

2) What can I do to submit this bug? Unavailable tracks shouldn't be played on radio stations, causing them to stop.

3) Is there generally some place where I can go to report problems with music? While this doesn't apply in this very case, I often encounter albums like this which I actually own, but which are tagged differently from the Spotify database and are thus not recognised as the same tracks. Or wrongly tagged music in Spotify. Or different artists with the same name (also the case with AES DANA and Aes Dana). Is there some place to submit this kind of problems, actually?

Thanks for every answer!

J.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Exjayes: Today i wrote an e-mail to "carbon based lifeforms" and they replied the following.

"It'll come back soon 🙂
We'll do a post on our site and Facebook later today explaining it all :)"

So, thankfully it will come back 🙂 YAY!

I hope this helps. 

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi J,,

To correct these mistakes please, fill out the contact form and send over the URI's of the albums or tracks by righ clicking and copying the URI. Try to be as specific as possible with the issues for each album or artists. Contact Form.

The restrictions may vary depending on the deal they have with Spotify, they are subject to change.

Remember to submit any worng content so that Spotify can fix it.

Have a great one,

Kudos if it worked.

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, Spotify cannot decide which music they want to be available at Spotify. The music label, artist, and/or legal owner decide where they want their music to be available.

Hey Exjayes and welcome to the community!

Have a look at this thread for further information and what you can do about it.

I sadly reconized this too (I am from Austria). I hope the album is back soon!

Marked as solution

Exjayes: Today i wrote an e-mail to "carbon based lifeforms" and they replied the following.

"It'll come back soon 🙂
We'll do a post on our site and Facebook later today explaining it all :)"

So, thankfully it will come back 🙂 YAY!

I hope this helps. 

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts