Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album suddenly doesn't exist anymore.

Album suddenly doesn't exist anymore.

I'll start by asking HOW it is you communicate with spotify moderators directly. (down below is my rather ridiculous and sad story that probably not many will sympathise with.) Has anybody before been worried because spotify eliminated an album all of sudden and subsequently you complained? I desperately need an album called "Cab Calloway Archive '59 (stereo)"!!!

I can't help being extremely pissed primarily because I joined spotify and pay the monthly subscription for an album that I couldnt find anywhere else. Don't get me wrong I'm not a narrow minded **bleep** who's making all this fuzz about one album. I mean the album was the trigger for me to join the community, I thought spotify was an exclusive service. I love spotify and I have meticulously arranged my play lists and everything my way and all of a sudden one of my favourite albums of all time is GONE!
2 Replies

Hi, welcome to the community, and sorry to hear one of your favorite albums is no longer available. Unfortunately, this is up to the artists and labels rather than Spotify itself, meaning they probably requested the album be removed. Please see this FAQ page for more info.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The reason is that the artist or their music label has decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of songs on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.
Spotify has no control over what content is available.

Sometimes it is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.
Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

You can find out more information here

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts