Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Albums Disappear in Web Player

Albums Disappear in Web Player

pyjamal1ama
Music Fan

I have noticed that when I select an album/single/compilation etc. from an artist's page, that it disappears after I click on it and return to that artist's page. I can still find the albums by searching or in my library, but this is really odd and annoying.

35 Replies

Re: Albums Disappear in Web Player

gpr100

I noticed the same thing today. Curious if this is a recent bug - since I haven't seen this happen in the last 2 years of using the web player daily...

lucderen

Same thing just started happening to me, the albums can still be viewed throught the search function, but not on the artist's page.

At least you know it's not your computer's fault.

[web player bug] Albums disappear from Artist pages

bpsd

I'm using the web player with Chrome 61.0.3163.79, Mac OS 10.12

To reproduce this bug:

1. Go to an Artist page and view the list of Albums
  2. Click a link to open an Album
  3. Return to the artist page by clicking the Artist name 

Result: The Album no longer appears on the Artist page in the Album section.

This can be repeated for each remaining album until no Albums display at all. 

joneshimself7

Same thing is happening to me on web player. Albums show back up after closing the tab and re-opening Spotify, but very annoying.

IIWhiteFangII
Casual Listener

Same here. It started yesterday. I can make every album and single of an artist dissapear by clicking on them and going back. Everything comes back if I reload the page. Still annoying though...

yurchisonben

where are the freaking tech supports or moderators to answer these questions? spotify you are not perfect... fix stuff like this and also be able to respond to numerous of the same complaints! tired of browsing artists pages and albums disappearing

paintspotinfez

Same thing just started happening to me! Spotify, please fix this (or at least make this an option that can be turned off or on)!

Re: [web player bug] Albums disappear from Artist pages

doctorhotjamz
Casual Listener

I'm on the web player on Google Chrome through a Chromebook, having the same bug!

LFLima

Yeah, it's also happening to me right now =(

SUGGESTED POSTS