Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 6, Dell Laptop

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Usually, the albums under the discover section (through browse) update every day, or at least every couple days. The albums in this section have not updated for almost two weeks now. Is there a fix for this?

8 Replies

Hi there!

Have your listening habits changed much since then?

Best,

A

I mean I guess not, but they weren't changing that frequently in the past either, when the discover section was changing every day.

Ah I see. Were many of those regularly updated albums full of songs that you've added to your playlists? I can understand the mild frustration myself as there were periods where the 'Discover Weekly' section wasn't offering much. However my way around it was to just to start radio stations for various songs/artists/genres that I like and find new music that way. I find that certain features on Spotify for new music discovery are better than others but staff at Spotify work tirelessly to make sure that all features are as well-rounded as possible.

They've stopped changing recommendations for me to. Had I been conspiratorically inclined I'd say that it is an effort from Spotify to get us to listen to discover weekly instead, which they've started to sell to different brands since a month ago, in a way to be able to sell more advertisement.

Luckily I am not a conspiration theorist, so I'm sure its a bugg and that proper functionality will be restored shortly.

They're selling discover weekly to brands? How so?

https://bgr.com/2019/01/07/spotify-discover-weekly-brands-sponsor-playlist/

They doesn't say specifically which users will be targeted by this. That part was hyperbole on my part.

this used to happen to me all the time,

i just waited it out, and it turned out all right

The feature has now updated the proposed music at least twice this week, for me, so it seems to be functioning as expected again.

Suggested posts