Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums in web browser no longer displayed in alphabetical order

Solved!

Albums in web browser no longer displayed in alphabetical order

Hi,

I've already opened a similar topic, but didn't get any reply, so I'm re-upping it.

I'm a spotify free user listening music via the web browser ( link: https://open.spotify.com/collection/albums ).

I'm pretty sure I haven't touched any options, but since some days ago, albums and artists are no longer sorted in alphabetical order. Seems like most recently added album are now on top or maybe the most recently played, I'm not sure.

What I'm sure about is that this is not the way I'd like my albums and artists to be sorted. Trust me, find an album or a son that I like is absolutely **bleep**!

I would like to have albums sorted in alphabetical order by artists as it was since no long ago, but I haven't found any option/setting allowing me to do so.

Do you know if there's a way to restore it?

I'll show you a screenshot of the albums page as it is now to show you what the problem is.

I'm using the web browser on a Windows 10 laptop and I'm a free user.

album_unsorted.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi guys,

thanks for the likes.

I've submitted the topic as a "new idea", of course they are not going to listen, but if you want you can vote for it here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Web-Player-Browse-Select-sorting-options-for-the-library...

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I'm also having this same issue. Pretty tough to find specific albums any more without that alphabetical order.

Hi,

I think the cause may be the new update on the Spotify web browser.

Also if your into Hip Hop, Rap, Trap or artists such as migos 6ix9ine mostack eminem kodak black etc, you should check out my playlist! \/ \/ \/spotify:user:casper_k12:playlist:2d1FC8wnJ4NNHInybgl4y1

I am with you there. It was pretty annoying to scroll all the way down if you were searching for an artist at the end of the alphabet e.g. beginning with T because the page did some reloading. This could have been fixed with an alphabetical jump list at the top of the page allowing you to quickly find what you are looking for. I sometimes forget the name of the bands or albums but know the beginning letter.
Now the order of the albums page seems random to me. It could be that it is ordered in "played last" which does not make sense because there is already a page showing you what you have heard recently. Bad feature update from my point of view.

Not 100% sure, but I guess it's ordered by "last added".

That makes no sense at all since of course the first albums I added are my favourite one and the one I'd like to listen more often...

Really, this is frustrating.

Hey folks,

This is the current sorting of your libraries, where the most recently added things are shown first. If you think this is something others would like to have changed, you can submit an idea so other people can vote and contribute to the discussion.

In the meantime, feel free to download the app for more features.

Hope that helps!

Marked as solution

Hi guys,

thanks for the likes.

I've submitted the topic as a "new idea", of course they are not going to listen, but if you want you can vote for it here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Web-Player-Browse-Select-sorting-options-for-the-library...

"If you think others would like to have this changed" - aka if you think others would like to have basic functionality restored... Not everyone can use the app, so why try to force it by making the web player hard to use?

June 2022 and Spotify, shockingly (not), continues to employ people who don't understand basic UI functionality. So: someone actually got paid to create a Your Library > Artists page on the website that lists the artists in some random order rather than giving the option to order by genre, alphabetically or, *better yet*, genre + alpha within genre. Any person of average intelligence would do the latter; only an **bleep** would not. Naturally, Spotify will never resolve this obvious UI Design 101 issue (or, if they do, it will get broken again in some future iteration). 

Suggested posts