Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alexa Routine: Play to Multi-Room Group with Custom Name

Alexa Routine: Play to Multi-Room Group with Custom Name

Hi there! 

I have a bunch of Amazon Echo devices all over my house, and so I have a bunch of different custom group names within the Alexa app to turn on/off various room combinations. I absolutely adore the ability to play Spotify via routines - I didn't realize this was an option until today, can you believe that? Unfortunately, while I just figured out how to do a true shuffle mode on Spotify playlists from a routine, I can't figure out how to get it to play to any group besides the default Everywhere group. 

Here's what I have on the "Play" line of my routine now - 

[playlist name] in shuffle mode everywhere

What I'd like to be able to do is have something like this on the Play line - 

[playlist name] in shuffle mode on the kitchen group

Any ideas? I'm thinking perhaps it is available but the syntax of the Play line needs to be something other than I had? Thanks! 

PS - If you've read this far, thank you. And if you're wondering how I got shuffle to not just start with the same song every time, I added the song "1 second of silence" to kick off the playlist. That way, it will technically play the first song every time before shuffling, but that first song will be one second of silence. Problem solved! Now if I could only get this multi-room audio custom group name problem solved, I'll be psyched. Thanks! 

0 Replies

Suggested posts