Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alexa Skill India

Alexa Skill India

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Issue: 

Since spotify officially launched in India, please enable the skill to be used in India. 

It doesn't need much work as no translation would be required either. 

37 Replies

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're working on getting Alexa to work in India. We can't say when we will implement this though.

Sorry for the inconvenience! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Any update yet - it's been  a while......

It literarily takes nothing but to enable it in our region and have a lambda instance in asia pacific region. And if using your own endpoint, then nothing at all! 

How lazy are you guys?

Firstly most songs are not available in india and not even alexa skill. 

Give us something so we are motivated to get premium?

Song collection not a big issue mostly i have every international song that it need to be in. So, I like the song collection 

But still just release a alexa skill and it is all done. It  already monlths alfter spotify release in India. but stilll can't run on echo

Poor Echo

Hi, is there any update on this? Much needed skill.

I also pay for Spotify Premium and need the Alexa skill.

Please enable the Alexa skill in India. 

Many people in India are with Spotify now, it's high time you enable it. There seems no reason to delay.

Please enable the Spotify skill for India. 

I have paid for Spotify Premium, and I want it to work with Alexa, the same as in other countries! 

What is the delay? 

Why the delay? We have been waiting for a very long time!

Hi @Guido,

Any update on when Spotify skill might come to Echo devices in India?

@Guido wrote:

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're working on getting Alexa to work in India. We can't say when we will implement this though.

Sorry for the inconvenience! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

If you desperately want Spotify in Alexa(Echo), Go to Amazon.com (use Amazon.in login)>Manage Content and Devices> Change Country> US and enter a random US address. Then you can use Spotify in Echo(Alexa, Play my playlist *Your_Playlist_Name* from Spotify)... Remember to set Language to "English (India)" in Alexa app or else you need to speak in American Accent. 😂😂 Have fun ❤️ 

Any update on this? It's been 5 months, it's not even a big deal, you just have to add the region

Need this soon, otherwise will have to think about switching to Amazon Music.

Actually Amazon music is cheap and has integrated support for echo.
Only better thing on spotify is interface and playlists.
I shifted to Amazon music because of it's integration in echo family of devices. It's almkst seamless to play a song on echo.

One should have the choice. And it won't take much effort to make it
available in India. That's the point.

it's almost December still no Spotify skill for amazon echo not satisfied at all 

Spotify team do you have an ETA on availability of Spotify skill in Alexa in India region? 

Going through this thread, it’s been more than 6 months... Please get this done soon so I can enjoy my music in my Alexa Echo.

I have premium account and why should I subscribe when I don't have complete interoperability? Spotify can you please listen to all of us and give us this new year gift? 🙂

Any update??
Since it has been more than 6 months from the reply you made
Please reply

Suggested posts